IMAGINE: Thranduil setting up an arranged marriage for Legolas

"Y/N." Legolas's voice makes you quickly turn around, grinning. Your grin immediately drops as you take note of his red rimmed eyes.

     "Legolas, what's wrong?" You ask worriedly, running over to your lover. He shakes his head before completely breaking down. You wrap your arms around him and hold him as he cries on your shoulder. You pat his back, your eyebrows drawn in worry. A few minutes go by and Legolas draws back.

      He sniffs and you cup his face. "What is it, beloved?" You whisper.

     "My father... He's arranged a marriage for me." Legolas says flatly.

      Your eyes widen and you step back from him as if he's burned you. "What!" You exclaim under your breath.

      Legolas starts pacing as he explains the story. "He told me that he had this planned out since I was a small boy, and now that I'm of age, I can marry her." He sighs and then his face contorts into anger. "Her name is Aurinia." He spits.

      "Did you tell your father about us?" You ask, tears in your eyes, panic filling your heart.

      "I did but he's indignant. He won't hear of it." Legolas answers. He stops and stares at you. "Y/N, I'm so sorry." He whispers, his voice hollow.

     "Legolas, you can't be serious. You can't go through with this!" You cry.

     "What choice do I have?" He asks softly. Letting out a sob, you turn your back on him. Legolas walks up behind you and puts his hands on your shoulders. He leans his head down to your ear.

     "Y/N, my love, please, turn around." He whispers softly, his lips brushing against your ear.

     You slowly turn to face him. "I... can't see you married to another woman, Legolas. I love you so much." You weep, burying your head against his chest.

      He holds you against his chest. "I love you too, Y/N. I just want to run away with you. I don't want to marry this girl. You're the one I want to marry." He says.

     "Please, can't you do something about this?" You beg.

      Legolas sighs and shakes his head. "My father will not listen. He's so... He's so stubborn." He grits out.

      You close your eyes and sigh. "When's the wedding?" You inquire.

     "In 4 weeks." Legolas replies. You frown. "W-we can't be seen together, Y/N. Now that I'm... Engaged." He says.

     You start crying again and pull away from him. "I hate this." You sob, before you run out of the room.

---

   Four weeks later, you're curled up on your bed, weeping as Legolas's wedding starts. You hear a knock at your door and sit up. You brush the tears off of your cheeks.

     "Come in." You say.

     Feren, an Elven guard and your very good friend, walks in. "Y/N." He says, frowning. He walks to your bed and sits down.

     "I can't do this, Feren. I can't see the man I love marry someone else." You sob.

     "Then do something about it." He states.

     Your eyebrows draw. "What?" You ask.

     "Go and stop that wedding, Y/N. If you can't see the man you love marry another woman, get down to that wedding and declare it for all to hear." Feren states.

     You gasp, your eyes wide. "Feren, you're brilliant." You whisper. You jump to your feet.

     "I know." He says, grinning. You run out of your room.

---

   "Does anyone object to the union of Legolas and Aurinia?" The man performing the wedding ceremony asks.

      You shove the doors open. "I object!" You scream over the crowd, breathing heavily. Everyone turns to look at you.

       "Y/N." Legolas breathes, his eyes wide. He drops his bride's hands.

     "What is the meaning of this?" Thranduil asks.

     "I'm sorry, my lord, but I love your son more than anything. I can't let him marry Aurinia." You blurt out, slowly making your way down the aisle to Legolas. "I know I'm a nobody, but Legolas doesn't care. He loves me for me. And I love him for him." You add. You look to Aurinia. "Don't you want someone to love you like that? That'll love you for you, and who's not being shoved into a marriage?"  You ask.

     She slowly looks at her father and glares at him. "I do have someone like that back home, but my father told me no because I am to marry Legolas." She states.

     You look at Thranduil. "See? Don't you want a wife for your son who'll love him no matter what, through the thick and thin?" You ask. Thranduil stares at you for a long moment, and you know he's thinking of his own deceased wife.

     He finally sighs and nods. "Yes, you're right. I do." He says. "I'm so sorry, but this arrangement is off." He says to Aurinia's father.

     Aurinia squeals happily and runs out of the room. Legolas laughs with relief and puts an arm around your shoulders.

     "I'm truly sorry Legolas and Y/N. I understand now. You love each other. And nothing can get in the way of that." Thranduil says. You smile and wrap your arms around Legolas's side. Thranduil looks around at the wedding and sighs. "Well, I guess I'll start getting things cleaned up." He says.

     Legolas looks down at you, grinning. "What?" You ask, smiling.

      "Y/N.... Wedding... I don't have a bride now..." He states.

      Your eyes widen. "Are you saying what I think you are?" You ask.

      "Yeah, why not? Let's get married, Y/N. Let's not wait any longer. I want to be husband and wife today." He says. With tears in your eyes, you kiss Legolas deeply.

     "Let's do it." You reply.

     "Great! It's settled then! We'll resume the wedding in an hour." Thranduil exclaims, grinning. You laugh and Legolas kisses you.

      "You better go get ready." He whispers.

     "I will see you very soon." You reply.

     "I love you." He says.
     "I love you too." You return.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!