IMAGINE: Legolas comforting you after the Fellowship teases you

As the Fellowship sleeps, you reach behind you and pull a small stuffed kitten out of your knapsack. You clutch it to your chest and curl into a ball.
     This stuffed kitten was a gift from your parents two weeks before they were killed in a house fire, that left you homeless and an orphan. It is sort of a comfort to you.
     The Fellowship have no idea that you, a warrior, sleeps with a stuffed animal, and you'd like to keep it that way.
     Grumbling and talking in his sleep, Gimli turns over making you hide the kitten beneath your cape, your body frozen. You breathe a sigh of relief when he falls silent. You relax and close your eyes, sleep quickly enveloping you.

---

     You wake up to the sound of laughing. You reach for your stuffed animal and find it missing. You bolt upright and look for it in a panic.
     "Looking for something, Y/N?" Gimli asks, before bursting into fits of hysterical laughter. You watch as he holds your kitten. You hide your face, blushing with embarrassment. The Halflings are laughing, along with Gandalf and Boromir. Aragorn looks like he's about to start laughing any minute. Legolas is off to the side, his face grim.
     You stand up and walk to Gimli. "Can I please have it?" You ask, your eyes on the ground.
     "Hmm, I don't think so, lass." He laughs and then tosses the kitten to Aragorn. You walk to Aragorn and are about to ask him the same question before he tosses it to Frodo. This goes on for some time, you chasing after the kitten while the Fellowship tosses it around. You finally jump up and intercept a pass that Gimli makes to Gandalf.
     You hold the kitten in your hands, one of his limbs hanging on my a thread and one of his eyes missing. You stare down at it, a hand clasped over your mouth. Tears pour out of your eyes and you let out a sob, before running into the woods, weeping.
     Legolas hops off from one of the boulders he's sitting on. "Great job, guys. You not only humiliated her, but you made her cry." He snaps before running off in the direction that you went.

---

     You sit at the base of a tree, your face buried in your hands, sobbing from sadness and embarrassment.
     "Y/N?" Legolas asks softly, kneeling beside you.
     You lift your head and sniff, looking away from him. "Go away, Legolas." You cry.
     "I'm so sorry that happened." He whispers, sitting next to you.
     "It's not your doing." You say. "No, but I could've stopped it. They shouldn't have treated you that way." He says.
     "No, no it's stupid that I sleep with a stuffed animal anyways." You say, looking at him. Legolas takes the battered kitten out of your lap and looks at him.
     "I don't think it's stupid at all, Y/N." He says.
     You smile a little. "You don't?" You ask.
     He shakes his head. "Not at all. I actually kind of regret not bringing one of mine along on this journey." He states. You laugh softly and Legolas stares at you, grinning.
     "What, Y/N? I'm perfectly serious." He protests. You cover his hand with yours.
     "No, you're not. You're just trying to make me feel better, and I appreciate that." You say, smiling.
     "Is it working?" Legolas asks.
     You nod. "Yeah." You answer. You both stare at the kitten. "My parents gave that to me two weeks before they died. I found it in the rubble. The only lasting thing in that burned home." You murmur, memories flooding back to that devastating day.
     "And that's why you sleep with it. It's like your parents are right there beside you." He says. You look up at Legolas, your eyebrows drawn at how much he understands you.
     "Yeah, exactly." You agree, smiling. Legolas smiles back at you and hands you back the kitten.
     "Legolas, thank you." You say.
     "It's nothing." He says, blushing.
     "No, no it's something. You understand me so much." You tell him.
      "It's only because I like you so much." He says softly.
     "I like you too." You reply. Legolas smiles shyly and hugs you tighly.
     "Come on, let's get back to them so they can all work on repairing your cat." Legolas says, standing. He helps you up as you chuckle. Walking back to camp together, Legolas keeps his arm around your shoulders.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!