IMAGINE: Legolas taking care of you while you're sick

| IMAGINE for @uilosris |

     "We need to get you out of those wet clothes immediately, Y/N." Legolas, your best friend, says, as he leads you to your room.

     You sneeze. "I'm fine, I'm fine." You reply, your teeth chattering. Your wet clothes hang on your frame and water drips off of your hair. You were outside playing in the rain with Legolas when it started to hail, which made Legolas and you get back inside the Woodland Realm.

     "You are soaked to the skin, Y/N. I'll call a maid." Legolas says.

     "Me? What about you?" You ask, your hands on your hips. Cold air brushes against your arms and you draw your arms back around yourself, cold.

     Legolas tsks, but stops when he sees your maid. "Please, Y/N needs some help. Please get her some tea and dry clothes, and maybe some blankets." He says. You sneeze again, your nose becoming stuffy. "I knew we shouldn't have been playing in the rain. You're probably coming down with pneumonia." He whispers gravelly, wrapping his arms around you. You shiver in his arms and close your eyes.

---

     You open your tired eyes and blink. You're in dry clothes and in your bed, a huge fire roaring in the fireplace. You were so tired you don't even remember changing. You cough into your sleeve, your chest congested. Your bedroom door creaks open and Legolas pokes his head in.

     "Y/N?" He asks softly.

     "Hey." You say hoarsely.

     He walks in, smiling at you. "How are you feeling?" He asks softly.

     "Tired and sick." You answer, letting out a little chuckle. It gets caught off by a rough cough.

     "I decided I'm staying here with you until you get better." Legolas states after your coughing spurt is over.

     "What? No, you can't!" You exclaim, sitting up.

     "Y/N, Y/N, Y/N, Y/N." He chides softly, gently pushing you back down. "Do not get yourself worked up." He says.

     "But-but you have your duties as a prince—" You sputter. "You have to train new guards, plus your father—" You say, but Legolas puts a finger on your lips, cutting you off.

     "I don't care. Right now I just want to you see better. I can't help but feel responsible for you getting sick." He admits.

     You blanch. "Don't, Legolas. It's fine." You reply. He sighs and shakes his head as you yawn.

     "Now, no more talking for you. You need your rest." He says, adjusting your pillows. Legolas pulls the covers up to your chin and smiles at you. "Sleep well, Y/N." He says, lightly caressing your cheek.

     You smile at him. "Thank you." You whisper.

     "I'll be back later with some tea and soup." He states, walking away.

---

     You wake up and immediately start laughing at all the flowers in your room. Soon the laughing turns to hacking. "Legolas." You choke out, shaking your head, grinning. As you're drinking water to clear your throat, Legolas enters the room holding a tray.

     "Oh, you're up." He says in surprise. You careen your head to the flowers, smiling.

     "Thanks for those." You say. He grins at you as he sets the tray down at your nightstand.
     "I thought it'd cheer the room up and make you feel better." He states as he takes the soup bowl off the tray. He holds a spoon up to your lips and you start laughing, your lungs rattling.

     Legolas frowns. "What is it?" He asks.

     "Y-you don't have to feed me, Legolas. I'm pretty sure I'm capable of doing that. I'm just sick, I'm not dying or anything." You say, grinning.

     Legolas looks away, but not before you see the hurt in his eyes. "Oh." He says simply.

     "But! But if you want to feed me, go ahead. I won't mind!" You exclaim quickly, trying not to make him feel bad. He looks at you and smiles. You smile back with relief and nod.

     After Legolas is done feeding you, you talk to him for a while. "Legolas, I really appreciate you taking care of me. I hope your father doesn't mind." You say, picking at a loose thread on your blanket.

     "Eh, he understands... I think." Legolas says unsurely, while smiling.

     "If you get in trouble, just blame it on me." You chuckle.

     "No, I couldn't do that. You didn't ask me to take care of you." He says. Your hand covers his and you smile.

     "Well thank you, Legolas. You're so good to me." You say. He smiles at you, a slight flush tinting his cheeks.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!