IMAGINE: Thranduil not liking you, Legolas's fiancé

| IMAGINE for @Uilosris |

You grip Legolas's hand as you both walk to the Throne Room where you're going to meet Thranduil for the first time.

"Are you nervous, Y/N?" Legolas, your fiancé asks, looking at you.

You slowly look at him. "I'm petrified." You whisper.

He squeezes your hand and gives you an encouraging smile. "It's going to be okay, Y/N. My father is going to love you, I just know it." He says.

"You think so?" You ask wistfully.

"Yes, of course." Legolas replies. You smile a little, a bit more relieved.

"We're here." He whispers to you.

You smile immediately vanishes as you see king Thranduil sitting on his throne two hundred feet away. You swallow past the lump in your throat and your heartbeat picks up. You move closer to Legolas.

"Are you ready?" He whispers. You shake your head. "Come on, Y/N, he's waiting for us." He says, smiling a little at you. Legolas pulls you towards the direction of his father since your legs are practically leaden to the ground.

---

"So this is the girl that stole my son's heart." Thranduil says dismissively as Legolas and you stand in front of him. Your eyes drop from his as his icy glare nails you. Thranduil gracefully walks down the steps from his throne. He stands in front of you, your eyes barely coming up to his chest.

"Ada [Father], this is Y/N, my fiancé." Legolas introduces.

"She's not very friendly." Thranduil remarks bitingly. Your eyes snap up to his as a rush of anger courses through you. You blush with anger and you try to remain calm.

"Pardon my quietness, hîr vuin [My lord], but I don't want to seem like a flibbertigibbet in our first meeting. That wouldn't be a good first impression on you now, would it?" You say, giving him a tight smile. Thranduil stares at you hard and Legolas squeezes your hand with warning.

"I didn't expect my son to have chosen a 'girl' with such an attitude." Thranduil snaps. You flinch at the tone he uses when he says "girl"—as if he's disgusted by you.

"Ada [Father]—" Legolas warns.

"Dinner is served." A servant interrupts. Thranduil glares at you one last time before walking to the dining room.

Legolas looks at you remorsefully. "I'm so sorry, Y/N. Please forgive him. I-I don't know what's wrong with him." He says.

"It's fine." You sigh dishearteningly, looking down.

"Hey, hey..." Legolas whispers, putting his finger underneath your chin and tilting your head upwards. You stare into his beautiful blue eyes.

"It's going to be okay, Y/N." He says softly.

"I just want him to like me, Legolas." You state.

"And he will, just give him time." He replies.

"Okay." You whisper.

Legolas smiles. "I love you." He says.

You smile back. "I love you too, Legolas." You respond. He kisses you softly before you both proceed to the dining room.

---

You sit on a dining room chair, eating quietly and keeping your eyes averted from Thranduil's. Legolas and Thranduil make small talk.