IMAGINE: Thranduil getting angry at you for loving Legolas

You excitedly and nervously grip Legolas's hand as you both make your way to Thranduil's throne room.

     "You don't have to be so nervous, Y/N. My Ada [Father] will give us his blessing on us wanting to be wed." Legolas says, smiling at you.

     "I know, I know." You breathe.

     When you come up to the throne room, you take in a deep breath and pull back your shoulders bravely. Legolas squeezes your hand and gives you an encouraging smile. You grin back at him.

     "Ada." Legolas says. Thranduil looks up from talking with a guard and with a wave of his hand, the guard backs away and leaves.

     Thranduil turns to face Legolas and you, smiling. "Hello, you two." He greets. You nod your head in greeting, smiling.

     "What brings you here?" Thranduil asks.

     Legolas looks at you and then at his father. He swallows. "Ada [Father], Y/N are I are in love. We want your blessing for our marriage." He states bluntly. Your eyes widen in astonishment at his boldness.

     Thranduil is silent as he looks between Legolas and you. Legolas looks at him, his eyebrows raised in questioning. Suddenly, Thranduil just starts laughing. Legolas and you look at each other in confusion.

      "Y-you've got be joking." He wheezes out, grinning. He chuckles and swipes his eyes, sniffing.

     "Actually, hir vuin [My lord], we're not. Legolas and I love each other. We want to get married. We want your blessing." You reply, smiling.

     Thranduil pulls up straight, the humor gone from his eyes. The look that settles in his eyes sets your heart pacing with panic.

     He scoffs. "No." He states. He shakes his head vehemently. "No, no, no, no, no, no. Just no."

     Your heart drops.

     "Ada [Father], what do you mean?!" Legolas exclaims.

     "Legolas, she is not of royalty! It's impossible." Thranduil answers. You flinch at the mention of you being a commoner.

     "Y/N and I have been best friends since we were Elflings. You've never stopped our friendship then just because she wasn't royalty." Legolas claims, trying to remain calm.

     "I didn't protest of your friendship because I thought you'd be smart enough and not fall in love with her!" Thranduil exclaims angrily. Your jaw drops.

      Legolas moves to wrap his arm around your waist. "I love her with all of my heart and soul. I will marry Y/N." He states.

     "Not in this kingdom you won't. If you go against my will and marry Y/N, I will be forced to disown you both. I won't know you either of you anymore." Thranduil grits out.

     "Ada [Father]." Legolas chides, his eyebrows furrowing with sadness.

      "What part of marrying royalty only do you not understand, Legolas?! Apparently you know nothing to go and fall in love with the likes of her!" Thranduil says.

     "Excuse me, hir vuin [My lord]—" You start to bite out angrily.

     "You keep quiet!" Thranduil snaps at you.

     "Ada [Father]!" Legolas scolds, his voice raised.

     You clench your jaw, anger sizzling through your veins. You take a deep breath. "If you'll excuse me." You grit out, before whirling around and fleeing to the stables.