Meeting

The next day as I was walking out of my apartment with my jacket over my head and blocking my face from the rain, I ran into something. Or someone? I pulled the jacket down and revealed what I had walked into. I cursed under my breath.

"Hey beautiful," Ethan smiled.
The rain covered his body, falling on his biceps and trickling down in intimidating layers.

I was so attracted to him, I felt like I was fifteen again just meeting him at meet and greet, but I couldn't fall for him again. Things aren't always what they seem.

"Hello." I sighed while unlocking my car door.

I finally opened the door after what felt like forever with him staring at me.

Suddenly the door wouldn't go back any further, I pulled it and jerked it and then I realized that Ethan was keeping it in place with his steady arm on the side of the car door.

"Excuse me I have to be somewhere" I told him patiently. He moved his hand back some and I yanked it opened, only to crush his hand in the process.

My eyes shot open and my hands felt weak as they dropped the car keys and shot up covering half my face.

"I'm so sorry!" I yelled examining his wound.

He shook his head as if he was perfectly fine, "don't worry. It was my fault" he said confidently. God how could he be so confident? He was beautiful even while trying to hide the pain he had in his left hand.

I grabbed his other hand and pulled him, "Here. Come with me."

We walked into my apartment and I sat him down on the couch. I brought over some things from the medicine cabinet and set them and myself down on the coffee table in front of him.

"Here, put your hand on my knee" I told him. And he did so. With it brought so many unwanted memories. Calm down, he's only doing as you told him to. I calmed myself.
His hand was already swelling and bruising and I cringed at myself for hurting him.

"Can you move your fingers?" I noted the concentration in his face as he tried to move them and then yelped in pain.
I nodded my head and gestured for him to stop.

I started with the ice pack, I wrapped it around his hand.

"We have to leave that on for 20 minutes. Would you like a drink?" I asked.

"Sure. But didn't you say that you have to be somewhere? Because I can take it from here." I blushed. That's the nicest thing I'd expected him to say. Unusual from his modern cockiness and confidence.

"Please, this is the least I can do for breaking your hand," I sat two water bottles down and waited for the timer to ring. This would be the longest 20 minutes of my life.

"So where did you have to go?" He asked.

"I only needed to tour my college, I can miss it." I answered.

He smiled weirdly, "Of course you can miss it" he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

My eyebrows furrowed, "What are you implying?" I said shaking his arms off.

"That you would give up any important college tour to bandage Ethan Dolan's hand up." He smirked. There's the Ethan I know..

"Okay get out of your head, I just feel bad for crushing your hand."

"Are you sure you didn't do it purposely?" he leaned in.

"One more remark like that and I'm purposely throwing you out of my apartment and you can fix that hand of yours, on your own" I sarcastically smiled.

He looked taken back, like he'd never been talked to like that before. The astonishment made me laugh.

"Hard to get?" he asked.

"Uninterested." I answered.

After 20 minutes had passed I started on the splint, laying down a piece of fabric, then the padding, then fiberglass to prevent movement, and finally elastic bandage to hold it all in place.

"What are you going to college for?" he asked. Finally something worth talking about.

"I'm trying to be a nurse" I told him.

"That explains all of the medical stuff in your medicine cabinet?" he laughed.

"Actually no this is my cousins but it does come in handy when-"

"When you crush someone's hand in a car door?" he cut me off.

I laughed.. Then nodded yes.

Thank you guys for reading. Please continue it gets better

All the love.

xMargo