Her Chance

(Name) held onto her little cousin's hand as they ventured down the street and toward the park. She smiled and listened intently to Ike's mumbled words as he talked to her about his pirate game. Suddenly, she saw two kids dressed as elves down the street.

She held onto Ike's hand tightly and pulled him along as she sped past them. She didn't want them to speak to her after the humiliation she'd suffered at their kingdom. Luckily foe her, they paid her no attention. 

Ike began to get fussy as they walked and yanked on (Name)'s arm to get her attention. "We're almost there, Ike, calm down." She said. Soon enough, the park came into view. She smirked and pointed toward some small children who were also dressed as pirates. "See? We're here already."

The little boy yelled in excitement and ran toward his friends, waving goodbye to his cousin. (Name) waved back, smiling softly. Then, her smile slowly fell as she realized that she would be virtually alone for a while. 

Although she had been in South Park for a long time, she hadn't made many friends. She mostly stuck around Kyle until she felt like she was being clingy and annoying. Then, she would move to a secluded area and be by herself.

The (Hair Color) haired female slowly trudged over to one of the vending machines by the bathrooms. She glanced around quickly at the variety of snacks and drinks in the machine before making her choice of a water bottle and a bag of chips.

Not long after getting her snack, (Name) heard two pairs of footsteps coming toward the other machine. She glanced out of the corner of her eyes and saw 2 boys. They were dressed in strange outfits, just like Kyle and his friends.

However, they looked different. They didn't have fake Elf ears on and they didn't wear mostly green. (Name), in an attempt to listen in on their conversation, pretended to buy something else.

"N-New Kid, how come you don't ever talk to anybody?" The blonde boy with a hammer asked. (Name) didn't hear a response from the other boy, which she halfway expected. "W-well, I guess you have a right to not talk if you want to..." The soft-spoken boy looked down at his phone and gasped. "Oh, hamburgers, we better hurry back to the Grand Wizard, New Kid."

Grand Wizard? Are they a part of the game too? (Name) quickly turned to them, only to see they leaving. "Wait! Wait!" She ran after them, dropping her chips and water. 

The 'New Kid' put a hand on his companion's shoulder, stopping him. Then, they both turned toward the girl that was running toward them. She looked at them with hopeful, nearly pleading, (Eye Color) eyes. "Are you guys playing that game, too? With the Elves?"

"Oh, no. We aren't with the Elves." The blonde boy explained. "We're with the Humans of Kupa Keep. I'm Butters, the Paladin. This is Douchebag the Fighter." Douchebag gave Butters a warning glare. "B-but, he'd rather be called New Kid."

(Name) nodded. She smiled sweetly at the boys and extended her hand in greeting. "I'm (Name)." While they shook hands, she asked Butters, "Would I, maybe... be able to play along with you?"

"Why would you want to play with us?" Butters asked, blinking in surprise.

(Name) shrugged softly as she started, "I've always thought that the game looked exciting. Plus, it'd help me make some new friends. So, could I play?"

Butters frowned slightly. "Aw, gee, I don't know..."

"Please?" She begged, her eyes glistening with small tears. "I won't get in the way, and I won't be a bother. I promise."

"I-I guess you could ask the Grand Wizard King. He's in charge, anyway." The blonde paladin sighed, not wanting to hurt the poor girl's feelings. However, he felt better when (Name) squealed in delight and hugged him, thanking him over and over again.

Then, she gasped in fright. "What's wrong, (Name)?" Butters asked while New Kid looked at her worriedly.

"Ike! I forgot Ike!" She ran back toward the park, only to run back toward the two Kupa Keep humans. "I'll be right back, I swear. I have to go get my cousin." Then, she ran toward the park again, calling for her cousin. 

(Name) mentally berated herself for getting distracted by some stupid game so easily. I promised Aunt Shelia that I'd watch over Ike carefully! And, what did I do? I let him in the park by himself! I'm so stupid! She ran around the park, looking for him. Suddenly, she spotted a group of ids digging in the sandbox and saw Ike holding a branch, waving it around lie a sword and guiding the ids on where to dig. 

"Ike!" (Name) cried out in relief.

The toddler looked up at his cousin and smiled. He rushed over to her and hugged her. "(Name)!" he giggled happily. 

"I'm sorry, Ike. I got distracted." She whispered, rubbing his back. Then, she remembered that Butters and New Kid were still waiting on her. "Ike, I... made some new friends today. And, they were going to take me to one of their houses to play. But, I couldn't leave you here by yourself to play."

Ike nodded and ran toward his friends a bit. "Bye-bye!" He waved to the kids, smiling as they waved back and bid him goodbye. He ran back toward (Name) and asked, "Go home?"

She hugged him again. "Thanks, buddy. I'll drop you off at home, and then I'll come back home later, okay?" She took his head and looked around for the paladin and fighter. She saw them near the exit of the park and waved at them. "I'll be right back, okay?!" Then, she darted off to take Ike back to their house.

New Kid raised an eyebrow at Butters, who smiled and said, "We can wait a few minutes, can't we?"

Author's Note: Well, this update is a few dates late. Sorry about that. But, you know... School... Teen stuff... Lack of sleep... I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. [The ending seems a bit rushed to me, but I didn't know how else to get Ike home.] Thank you for the views and comments, and I hope to be able to update on a regular schedule soon.