Her Protection

"Excuse me, sir," Token said to the store clerk, "have you seen a girl in a gray dress in here?"

Craig and Tweek were looking up and down the isles in the store while Token talked to the clerk. Tweek picked up an arrow and gasped. "Oh, God! C-Craig!"

He showed the Elven arrow to the Thief. Craig hummed in thought before taking the arrow from Tweek's twitching hand. He slowly approached the back of the store and opened the door to the back room. His eyebrows lifted a bit as he muttered, "Wow..."

There was produce and boxes threw about in the room. Splats of soupy liquid stained the walls and floors, their smells mixing and mingling in a grossly intoxicating combination. Craig and Tweek had to cover their noses to keep from puking and/or fainting from the smell.

A soft groan alerted the pair that someone was still in the back room. Craig grabbed his dagger and held his arm out protectively in front of Tweek. They cautiously entered the room, making as little noise as possible. However, a few steps inside, Craig accidentally stepped on someone's hand.

He looked down to see the arm was wrapped in a green sleeve; the fallen boy was an Elf. Craig kicked the arm over to the side a bit and continued.

"(Name)! Where are you? We're here to rescue you."

Almost immediately, the scared Maiden ran out of her hiding place and tackled the two Humans in a hug. Craig gently patted her back a few times before he picked her up and carried her out of the store.

"Let's go, we got her," he informed Token, who was still talking with the clerk.

"Hey! Next time you try to play in here, I'll call the police and have them escort you back to your parents!"

Craig flipped the store clerk off and said, "Sure you will."

As the Kupa Keep Humans ventured down the street, (Name), who was still being carried by Craig, apologized. "I'm sorry for running off again. I just didn't want Butters to be alone."

Token smiled at her. "Oh, it's fine. But, the Grand Wizard King might need a better explanation than that." He snickered while nudging Tweek.

(Name) blinked in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Cartman almost had a conniption when he saw you leave with Butters. Then, some of our warriors came back all beaten and bruised," Craig explained, "They brought back a letter from the Elves about a war. Cartman wouldn't let any of us read it, though."

Then, Token took over. "Then, he sent us out to find you and Douchebag ran off to find Butters."

"He did?" (Name) asked, leaning toward Token. "How do you know he wasn't going to look for the both of us?"

"He told us."

"Really? He talked?! Aw, I missed it!" (Name) pouted. Then, she looked up at Craig. "Wait, how did the King see me leave?"

"He cut a hole in his tent so that he could watch you. He was completely pissed when he saw you and Butters. If I were you, I would try extra hard to get on Cartman's good side." Craig warned with a wink.

"His good side?"

By that time, the group had gotten to the street where Cartman's house was, and Craig gently set the Maiden down on her own feet. He smirked before opening the front door and telling her, "You'll know what to do."

As soon as the door was opened, (Name) saw that everyone inside was busy. Warriors were sharpening their weapons and sparing against one another for pratice. There was a circle of mages studying different magic spells and forging new staffs and wands.