Chapter 2: A Brand New Melody

Miyako was in her room. She was laying down on her bed with her tablet in her hands as she scrolled the list of her songs looking for a good song to perform at the anniversary concert.

"Which song should I perform?" she sighed. "Oh well, I should just go practice a few songs," she got up and slowly walked over to the practice room. As she headed towards the practice room, she passed rows of pictures and trophies. She stopped by one picture showing two girls holding a trophy together. The girl on the right, with pink hair, was wearing a black short-sleeved shirt with a hood that read the words 'Jewels' in white and silver sequins. The girl on the left, who had short light blue hair was wearing a white shirt which one side hung over her shoulder with a hood and which also read 'Jewels' but in black and silver sequins. The blue-haired girl was doing a peace sign with her hand while smiling. As she stared at the picture, Nanami saw her and ran up to her.

"Miyako-senpai! What are you looking at?" she asked, looking at the picture.

"Oh, it's nothing," Miyako smiled. "I need to go practice now. See you~" Miyako waved and walked off. After Miyako left, Nanami looked at the picture again.

"I'm sure that this is Miyako-senpai..." she thought, looking at the girl with pink hair, "but I wonder who the other girl is," she thought.

Miyako arrived at the practice room to see it occupied by the ST☆RISH members who were practicing Maji Love 1000%.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't know that the practice room was being used. I'll go somewhere else to practice," she said as she walked back out. She wondered around the dormitories looking for a place to practice. As she walking down a hall, she remembered a good place to practice. She headed outside and walked to a nearby lake behind the building. The scenery was simply breathtaking. There was a large lake with crystal clear water surrounded by green trees. Amongst these trees there was a small place with only green pastures, but perfect for practicing. The trees that surrounded that area was a great place so the people could rest leaning to a tree if they were tired while being shaded from the burning sun.

Miyako took out her phone and turned on one of her songs. As the song started, she started dancing to it. After a few songs, she stopped and sat down by a tree. She was huffing and sweat fell down her forehead. She let out a small shriek as something cold touched her cheek. She looked up to see Reiji standing there handing her a bottle of cold water.

"Here. have some water," he smiled.

"Thanks." she took the bottle and drank the water.

"What brings you here?" she asked, looking at the lake.

"Oh...I just wanted to say...I'm sorry for what I said earlier this morning. I wasn't thinking and I..." Reiji looked down.

"It's cool," she cut him off. "I'm over it now anyways."

"It's getting dark. We should go back." Reiji changed the topic.

"Right." Miyako replied as she got up and started walking back as Reiji followed her.

As soon as they got back, Miyako took a shower. As she was finishing her shower, she had a great idea. Miyako quickly finished up and ran to the piano room and got to work. A melody slowly popped into her head as she played them on the piano then jot them down on a piece of paper. She worked for hours trying to get the right melody. When she finally finished it, she played the full melody once more and smiled.

"Done." The pink haired girl stretched as she looked at the piece once more and glanced at the clock to see how late it was. "2:20am! Ah! I didn't know that it was this late already! I should go to sleep!" She hurried back to her room to get some rest.

Little did she know, Ranmaru couldn't sleep so he was wondering around the dorm. As he walked down the hall, he saw the lights on in a certain room. As the silver haired male got closer, he heard a wonderful melody coming from that room. When he peeked through the door, he saw Miyako playing the beautiful melody.

"A new song." Ranmaru guessed and kept walking down the hall and down to his room. He plopped on the bed and stared at the ceiling, thinking about Miyako and the melody.