Chapter 4: The 'Goddesses of Music'

At that exact time, The ST☆ARISH members were walking down the hallway as they overheard Reiji, Mikaze and Camus talk about what happened yesterday morning when they were talking about their debuts. They saw the three talking with a gloomy atmosphere through the slightly open doors.

"I wasn't thinking..." Reiji hung his head.

"It's fine. I'm more worried about Miyako though, she looked down." Mikaze spoke emotionlessly.

"She probably misses her the most. After all, they were called the 'twin goddesses of music'," Camus added. These three were interuppted by Otoya and the other STARISH members.

"What do you mean, senpai? Who are you talking about?" Otoya interrupted.

"If it's about Miyako-senpai, please tell us. We're worried too," Tokiya added.

"Yeah. She wasn't herself lately," Ren added.

"I guess we should tell them," Camus sighed.

"Well, they were going to know sooner or later anyways," Mikaze turned towards the STARISH members. Little did they know about Miyako and Ranmaru talking outside the room just around the corner.

Reiji sighed as he started, "You should already know that when we debuted, Miyako debuted around the same time. But she didn't debut alone. She debuted as one of the two members of the famous idol group 'Jewels'. The other girl, who also debuted as the same time as us as the other member of Jewels, is Honoka Mai."

"Jewels...Honoka Mai...don't tell me..." Masato thought out loud.

"You might have heard their names at least a few times before. After all, they were extremely popular." Camus mentioned as he leaned on the wall behind him.

"Even my data says that they've been said to be the most popular idol group in that generation," Mikaze added.

"Ever since they've debuted, they've been a big hit," Reiji continued. "They had fans all over the world. They were called the goddesses of music because they were both amazingly talented singers and composers. They wrote their own songs, and every one of them was a big hit. They won many awards and trophies; in fact, more than half of the trophies in this building are theirs. They lived together in this dorm. Anywhere else, you might think that they are just normal, outgoing girls, but on stage and/or in spotlight, they shined more than any other. That was, until about two years ago, when Honoka Mai got sick with a rare but deadly illness. Even though the doctor told her to rest, she kept performing, and eventually, her condition got worse. She had no choice but to announce her retirement and the disbanding of 'Jewels'. The one who was the most sad about was this was Miyako. Mai stayed in the hospital and Miyako would go visit her whenever she could...until..."

"Until?" The STARISH members awaited Reiji to finish what he was saying when suddenly, "Hey, what are you doing?" They heard a familiar voice coming from the door. They all turned around to see Miyako standing at the entrance with Ranmaru who was leaning on the door frame.

"Mi-Miyako!" Reiji exclamed.