22

3rd person POV (surprise)

Zee and Dean spent the rest of the day taking Joelle out; they finished at the arcade and went to the movies, they were total badasses and didn't feel like spending $10 on a bag of candy so they snuck in a few bags of skittles, m&ms and starbursts and just bought popcorn at the theatre. Smart. 

Zee didn't understand why Dean had kissed her after he just told her about him liking Seth; why would he do that? And knowing Zee is in love with his best friend Roman. Everything was twisted. Zee was falling in love with Roman but she knew he didn't feel the same- or does he?

Does Roman want to be with Zee? Yes and no. Yes because she's everything he looks for in a lady, good with his daughter, has a heart bigger than her soul, has an impressive sex drive- no, he doesn't care for sex although its amazing with Zee, but he doesn't want her for sex; he wants her. But he still loves Galina. How could he throw away a relationship since college? How could he get into a relationship right after his divorce? Sure, he absolutely adored his best friend but it wasn't the right time to commit. He's stuck in his thoughts as he sits with his other best friend Seth.

As for Seth, he wants to keep his secret to himself.

And Dean, he's all over the place. He knew that kissing his best friend's, well friend, was a bad idea but he just wants to get over Seth. It broke his heart hearing that the guy he is falling in love with, is seeing someone now. He only kissed Zee because he needs to take his mind off things; he always thought Zee was an amazing woman and wanted to know her better but Roman got to her first- or so he thought. He had no idea that really, it was Zee who came onto Roman after that sexual dream. Usually it was him who the ladies always wanted, so he let Zee and Roman be. Of course he thought it was wrong for Galina and Roman's marriage to end because of an affair but he couldn't say that to Zee, as Roman let their one night stands continue. It was their decision to keep this going. So Dean let it be. All he really wants is Seth Rollins. Nothing can change that.

And last but not least; Galina. She was confused of why Roman would go for someone like Zee. She thought she could trust Zee after letting her into her own home a few times. Galina knows she fucked up her relationship with Roman and Joelle and she can't ever change it; she knows she's a bad person and doesn't deserve her daughter for the way she treated her but that's her daughter. And she will do anything to get her back, and I mean anything. She's got a few things in mind.

Roman

I debated if I should text Zee again, but then again she hasn't replied to any of my messages. She dropped Joelle off in my room last night after their day out and said that she was going to Lana's room. I didn't bother saying anything, I knew she was hurt from what I said but it was the truth; I can't be in a relationship right now. I really don't want to lose her; fuck I need to talk to her.

I called Seth and asked if he could come chill with Jo for a little while and being the great friend he is, he said yes.

Once he got into the room, I thanked him and walked down the hall to Lana's room.

"Good afternoon Roman." She greeted in her strong accent after answering the door.

"Hello Lana, is Zee here?"

"No, she left with Dean a few hours ago. They didn't say where they were going but the said they would be back later. Why?"

"Oh, no reason. I just needed to talk to her. Let her know if you see her. Have a good day."

"Alright, you too hun."

I walked down the hall and was about to go back into the room but then I heard laughter; Zee and Dean came out of the elevators, he had his arm around her shoulder.

"Where have you guys been?"

"We just went out for a drink." Dean answered.

"At 2 in the afternoon?" I question while raising my eyebrow.

"Yeah, we went to the bar and grill place down the street. Why, did something happen?" Zee asks, her face fell into worry.

"No, I was just worried..." I trail off and look at the two, how close together they were. My heart ached as I continued looking at his arm around her.

"You two can talk, I'll catch you later." He kissed her cheek, then left to his and Seth's shared room...

"Are you two a thing now?" I ask, nothing more than a whisper, I couldn't look her in the eyes.

"You really think I can get over you that quickly?"

"Who said I wanted you to get over me?"

"You basically said it yesterday; you don't want a relationship. And I respect that. But I'm trying to move on.."

"I said I didn't want a relationship right now, Zee. That doesn't mean I won't in the future; I'm just tired of relationships right now. My wife that I've been with since college wasn't honest, she never loved me and thought she could get away with being with other guys while I was away. I can't get over that and expect to be okay with getting into a new relationship without having thoughts about not trusting you. I don't want to hurt you."

"And I respect that. I just don't want to wait forever. I'll leave you alone." She said softly, looking at the ground.

"Zee, please..." My eyes started watering. "Don't leave me like this. I need you the most right now."

She looked up at me with her bright green eyes. "No you don't, you don't need me. You need your daughter. I already messed up everything in your life, I don't want to do anymore damage."

Tears spilled from her eyes, and it wasn't long before I tasted the saltiness on my lips too.

"Don't leave me." I sobbed.

"You'll always be my superman." She wiped the tears from my face with both of her thumbs, and stood on her tippy toes to kiss my forehead. "Always."

She turned and walked away without looking back. Getting into the elevator, her teary eyes met mine once more, she mouthed 'I love you' and then the doors closed.

I felt my heart stop and my breathing passages closed. I fell on the ground gasping for air.

"Zee!" I yell, and broke into sobs while looking at the elevator.

I knew then and there, I lost someone who meant the world to me. And the last thing I did was hurt her.