23

Zee

Images from that day flashed through my mind; his tears, his cries, I hurt him by leaving when I shouldn't have. He deserves someone better than me, I felt that I really had to leave because I really screwed his marriage up. He needs someone else, that's good for him.

I look at the clock, 3:52 am.

Meanwhile, Dean and I have been sharing a hotel room when we travelled; two weeks since that day happened. When I left him.
I'll have to admit though, Dean is a great guy. I never really got to know a lot about him but he's cool. I just miss sleeping beside Roman; his warmth, and his breathing against my skin. I loved to know that Roman was safe beside me throughout the night, I just hope he's doing okay.

Tonight was Raw, and they want Lana and I to make an appearance since we haven't since wrestlemania. It will be great tonight. I have a good feeling.

"Ugh I feel warm and icky." Dean groans from his bed.

"Go shower then." I reply softly, staring at the moon as I lay in bed looking at the window.

"You're up early."

"As for you too, Ambrose." I said with a half smile.

"Can't sleep again?"

"Only for the 14th day, but I'm good." I sniffle, and heard quiet shuffling. The covers were being lifted from my body and Dean lay himself beside me, then pulled the blanket over us.

"Ew you're warm." I mumble into the pillow.

"And you're cold." I could picture that smirk plastered on his face as he said that sentence.

"Dean?"

"Yes, darlin'?"

"I thought you liked Seth..."

"Are you kidding? I love Seth."

"But why are you treating me like were a couple? We've shared a few kisses and even held hands a few times and now were cuddling. You're supposed to treat Seth this way."

"Zee, I'm trying to get over Seth. I can't treat Seth this way if he's in a relationship and I don't even know his sexuality. But if you really don't mind, I'm trying to get over him by being with you. I mean not us dating but feeling like I'm in a relationship, understand?" I nod, and sniffle again.

"Are you crying? I didn't mean to hurt you if I did. Fuck, I'm sorry."

"No stop, you didn't do anything," A few tears slipped from my tired eyes, "I just, I wanted a relationship so badly with him. I wanted to be the best girlfriend he's ever had, be there for him in his roughest times, stand beside him through thick and thin, and support everything he does. I want to be the girl that he goes to when he's feeling upset and needs to talk about something happy, or the girl he goes to when he needs a shoulder to cry on, or just be there to hold him at the end of the night. But I can't. Because guys are douche bags."

"Hey, not all guys are douche bags. And Roman really didn't mean to hurt you babe, he just is going through a lot right now but I know he cares for you a lot. He just needs time to accept that his 10 year plus, relationship is gone, and his daughter has to live through this childhood. Its nothing against you, he really needs space. I hope you understand, Zee."

I choked out a sob and wipe my eyes with the blanket.

"Hey, don't cry. Please." He whispers against my neck. "Smile."

"I can't."

"Yes you can." I felt his fingers dig into my side and started tickling me.

"Dean! Stop!" I squeal, my teary eyes immediately disappearing. "I will pee all over you!"

He tickles my stomach and neck, and laughs during the process; watching me beg for my life. I squirm underneath him and try rolling away but he grabs my wrists and pins me down into the bed while a playful smirk was planted on his face.

"Don't cry anymore, babe. Its only going to anger you more. I like to see my Zee happy."

"I'll try, thank you Dean. Really."

"So what's my prize for making you happy?" That smirk came back.

"A cookie?"

"I was hoping for a kiss." He pouts. I sat up a little, supporting myself with my elbows, and I pressed a soft peck to his lips. After lowering myself back down, he follows and kissed me deeply. I kissed him back at the same pace, and wrap my legs around his waist; bringing him closer to me.

It's not the same, I miss kissing Roman like this, and always wanting him close to me. Feeling his skin against mine.

Dean was delicate with me, just as Roman was, but its not the same anymore. I just need to move on from him and start over.

Roman

"Daddy," I was tapped on my arm, I turn around and face Joelle who had tears in her eyes. "I had a nightmare."

I wipe my teary face, and scooted over for her to get in bed beside me. Once she did she cuddled into my side.

"Are you okay princess?" I ask her.

"The monsters are chasing me and teddy." She replies, referring to her and her teddy bear that she held in her thin arms.

"Nobody's going to get you, hun. I'll be here to protect you. Just get some rest."

"Okay daddy, love you."

"I love you too sweetie."

Once her eyes shut she let's out a small huff, "I miss Zee. She used to sing to me when I had nightmares and tell me stories."

A warm tear slid down my cheek, and a shaky breath released from my mouth, "I miss her too."

I kiss the top of Jo's head and secured my arm around her small body. The past two weeks have been sleepless nights for me, I was so used to Zee being with me at night and I never want to forget that feeling. I never realized how much I needed her until she left me in the hotel hallway that night. The night I lost not only her but myself.

My Zee. My beautiful, lovely Zee.

I stare out the window at the moon and wish she was here with Joelle and I, to make us both feel better.