"..."

Yoo hoo! This is a collab with dan-anh (a really good friend of mine...I love her so much❤️)!!! She wrote an Akaashi one shot so you should go check that out! Anyways, thanks for reading this!
~Author-chan OUT!

Soulmate!Kageyama x Soulmate!reader

Soulmate!AU where the last thing your soulmate says will be inked onto your wrist. You'll only know who your true soulmate is when they die.

(Y/N) POV
You have known Kageyama Tobio your entire life. He is your best friend and crush. You knew he had feelings for you too, but neither of you had the guts to make the first move.

You sat next to him on the train, waiting for your stop. You had an earbud in and you're at and your head was resting on Kageyama's sturdy shoulder. He had an earbud in his ear too, his head rested on yours. You smile and blushed.

"Ne, Tobio-chan," you said, cutely.

"Yes?" he asked, shifting a bit.

"Do you ever wonder who your soulmate is?"

"Eh? Why all of a sudden? Hmm...m-maybe?" Kageyama hesitantly answered.

You giggled at his shyness and blushed. You sat up and faced him. He also sat up and he looked back at you. You smile a little, which causes Kageyama's cheeks to flush bright red, but he still returned the smile. Not the creepy smile that he does whenever he tries to encourage his teammates. This was a side of Kageyama that only you saw. He would save all his best smiles just for you. You did this often. You would just stare at each other with smiles on your faces.

"What about you?" Kageyama asks, looking away again. You just hummed and mumbled a yes. You really hoped that Kageyama was your soulmate but you wouldn't find out until he died and you really didn't want to see him die.

"Maybe~" you giggle.

You watched the plants and trees pass by quickly and sigh happily to yourself. You were distracted by the beautiful scenery that you almost missed your stop. Then, you see a large hand wave in front of your face. You jolt back a little.

"What are you doing Kageyama?" you asked.

"N-nothing...I just...want you to pay attention to me," Kageyama admitted, his face flushing red.

"Hee hee~ Tobio-chan. Are you jealous of the scenery?" you giggle while looking at his bright red face with an amused expression.

"Ahem! No, definitely not. How did you come up with that?" Kageyama replied, still blushing. You just giggled in reply. You watched the dark haired setter pout, his bottom lips protruding, giving him a childish look. You couldn't help but blush at his adorableness.

You look up to see that you had completely missed your stop and it was your turn to pout. The next time you could get off the train was three hours from now.

"Tobio! You made me miss my stop!" you whined.

"G-gomen," he replied, but inside, he was glad you had missed your stop.

"Now what am I going to to?" you sigh.

All of a sudden, you felt the whole train shake. The lights flickered and dust fell from the ceiling like snow. You gasped and looked around confused. You grasped onto Kageyama who was also had a shocked expression on his handsome face.

The train shook again, causing more dust to drift down onto your head. Over the speakers in the train, you heard a frightening announcement. You shivered and pushed yourself into Kageyama's sturdy chest as you listened.

"We are sorry for the inconvenience, but this train has malfunctioned and most of the functions are not usable."

"T-Tobio?" you desperately grabbed at him when the lights suddenly shut off.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you." He replied heroically, making you feel safer.

Shortly after the first announcement, a second one aired. You held onto Kageyama and he wrapped his arms around you. He kissed the top of your head.

"We really are sorry, but please do be patient as we fix thi—AAAAA! HELP US! GET OUT OF THIS TRA—"

The announcer was cut off by a loud, sickening crush. Your stomach churned and you panicked. You could hear the other passengers desperate screams as they tried to cram through the small opening from the doors and windows.

You felt strong arms wrap around your torso. Kageyama kicked open a window and hugged you tight. He shoved you out of the window.

"Hurry! Run!" he said, tears glistening in his dark blue eyes. You had tears streaming down your own face as he gives you one last loving look and he closed his eyes.

"KAGEYAMA TOBIO!"

Extended ending:
Tears streamed down your face as you stare at your now inked wrist.

"..."

That was the entirety of your soulmate mark. Tears fell from your face and onto your wrist.
You sighed, putting your hand on the cold headstone.

Kageyama Tobio. Cause of death: TRAIN CRASH

"..."

Sorry, not sorry! My first angst story is a collab (seriously, go check out that story  wrote!)! Yaaaaay!!! I had a hard time trying not to cry while writing this. I hope you enjoyed this! Anyways, feel free to request!
~Author-chan