The Space Between Us

Oikawa x Reader

Y/N POV
You sighed, staring up at the night sky. You closed your eyes as the cool breeze brushed against your pink cheeks. You smiled.

Your dad worked with NASA so you knew many things about the stars. You also enjoyed stargazing so you really studied into it. About a year before you were born, they launched a group of people up to Mars to see if it was suitable for living.

You were excited for the people to come back. You watched the night sky as the stars sparkled. You grinned and sighed again, wishing you could stay outside forever.

"(Y/n) honey, it's late and it's getting cold. You should come inside," you turned your head to find your father leaning against the door, with a concerned look on his face.

"Okay dad, I'm coming," you replied as you took admired the stars one last time for the night. You grabbed your telescope and headed back inside the building.

(Time skip brought to you by...your mum! Lol jk :P)

"Honey, wake up!" you groaned as you felt sturdy hands on your shoulders, shaking them harshly.

You sat up and rubbed your eyes. You looked at the person who had woken you up, prepared to kill them. You groaned again when you saw that it was your father. You noticed his excited expression and shooed him out of your room to get changed.

(Time skip again...brought to you by...no one because you have no friends :p jk I'm your friend (wut))

You tugged at your shirt and opened the door, to find your father giggling to himself.  You just gave him an odd look and followed him, eating a sandwich he had given you.

He led you to the control center and you sat in one of the spinny chairs. You continued munching on your sandwich and rolled over to your father. He just looked over and grinned at you.

"Okay, they're sending down a boy back to earth...in about 30 minutes!"

"Really?!" you squealed, excited. Your father nodded at you. You just giggled and rolled around the room, trying not to distract or crash into anyone.

Your father rolled next to you and winked. You were confused and he nudged you, giggling to himself.

"I heard he's around your age...and I'm sure he's good looking!"

"Dad~" you whined, "You know, most dads don't want their daughters to get a boyfriend..."

"I know! But that's why you love me, honey," your dad laughed. You just rolled your eyes but a smile was painted on your face. You lived your dad a lot and wanted to make him proud.

"Honey, I want you to show him around and take care of him okay? He's been living on Mars for about 17 years of his life. He might be shy," you dad said, more seriously this time. You simply nodded and saluted him, making the both of laugh.

"That's my little star," your dad chuckled and ruffled your hair.

(Time skip brought to you by...Oikawa's smexy eyes!)

"Excuse me! Pardon! Oops...sorry..." you pushed people aside, trying to get to the launching pad where your dad was waiting for you.

You bent over and rested your hands on your knees and huffed. You straightened your shirt and fixed your now messy hair before entering the room.

"Oh! (Y/n) honey. The boy is in the room. He's getting used to this environment. I'm leaving him into your hands okay? Make me proud," your dad explained.

"Yes sir!" you saluted him again. Your dad smiled and left the room.

You cautiously approached the room and opened the door quietly. Expecting a shy boy, you smiled widely and prepared a mini speech in your head. As soon as you stepped in, the boy turned around.