Mute!Iwaizumi x Reader

Hey! So this story wasn't written by me! It was written by @ dan-anh !!! Thank you for giving me permission for posting this on my account!
Enjoy y'all!
~Butt-head author

You sighed when you saw that the train you needed to get on to go to work was full, and you couldn't board it. You usually wake up early in the morning, so you could actually get a spot on the train, but you accidentally set your alarm clock to five o'clock pm instead of am. You mentally facepalmed as you went to the board in the middle of the station that had all the train schedules for today.

'Hmm...' You contemplated which train you could take to make it to work semi-on time, but all the trains didn't stop very close to your workplace. You would have to walk at least three miles from the station and considering you are wearing heels and you are too lazy to exercise, you felt like that wasn't an option.

You quickly decided to take the train an hour from now that stopped a block away from your workplace and from the looks of it, it won't be very busy, so you wouldn't have to fight crowds, which was nice to hear. You quickly called your manager to tell him you will be late today and came up with an excuse, which was absolutely terrible. You said that you were going to be at work on time, but on the way to the train station a black cat walked past you and your asthma symptoms started acting up and you had to go to the hospital for a bit. It didn't exactly sound like he believed you, but you tried, so it's okay.

Finally after an hour of waiting, the train arrived and you made your way to the very back, sitting in the part of the train where there wasn't a large amount of people. You brought a book to read during the commute, so you didn't notice when someone sat in the seat facing yours. When you looked up from your book, you were surprised to see a slightly-tan make with short, spiky hair sitting in the seat directly across from yours, drawing on a small sketchbook he held in his hands. He was wearing a scarf that simply laid around his neck and a coat, protecting his broad shoulders from the crisp air the penetrated the train car. He wore blue jeans and had a leather messenger bag that he slung around one of his shoulders.

He looked pretty normal to you, except one thing that confused you was that there were so many seats in the train, why did he chose the one across from yours? You quickly dismissed the idea as just wanting to sit near the window or near the emergency exit and continued reading.

When you arrived at your work, you decided that the train ride that morning was actually enjoyable because you weren't squished between people, so you decided to change your schedule and come to work at a later time, so you could commute on the less-popular train. Your manager was opposed to the idea, but he eventually allowed you to considering you were one of his most hard-working employees.

The next day, you were able to get more sleep than usual and made your way to the train station. When you boarded the train you sat in the same spot as you did yesterday, and so did the male that sat across from you yesterday. As he sat down in the seat, he pulled his messenger bag into his lap to grab his sketchbook and a pencil, and began drawing. "I wonder what he's drawing,' you thought to yourself, 'maybe he's an artist for a living.'

-

Day after day, week after week, when you boarded the train and assumed your regular spot, the male would also sit in the same place. You eventually started to expect him and when he didn't come at his usual time, you would be curious of his whereabouts, but he would always find his spot across from you and take out his sketchbook out to draw. Sometimes he would be there earlier than you were and he would bow slightly to you, acknowledging your presence.

You never heard a word out of him. Instead, you would communicate with glances. You would be reading your book and he would be drawing, but once in awhile, he would look up from what he was doing and glance at you from under this thick eyelashes and when you would look up from your book to look at him, he would drop his head, continuing his drawing with a slight blush on his cheeks.

The winter season ended and all the snow melted off the roofs of the houses and cars and suddenly, a light shade of pink covered the ground. You could see the beautiful cherry blossom trees from outside the window of the train and you silently appreciated their beauty.

Now, when the black-haired male would sit across from you, he would wear something different. He stopped wearing a coat and started wearing cardigans and sweaters, which you thought looked amazing on him. When he doesn't wear his coat, you noticed that he was actually pretty muscular. His you could see the outline of his arms in his sweaters and you slightly blushed thinking about it.

One beautiful spring day, the train was actually pretty busy for once. Hanami was coming up, so many people came with their families and loved ones with picnic baskets and blankets. The seat across from you was occupied before the male could get there and you sighed in disappointment, wondering if he was with his family today too.

He wracked up all the courage in his body and he decided today was going to be the day. He entered the restroom that was located on the train and looked at himself in the mirror. He tried adjusting his hair, but just ended up messing it up again. He took a deep breath and silently gave himself motivation. He walked out of the restroom and into the train car he knew you were in. He saw that the seat across from you was taken, and he planned to wait long enough so that it was. He wanted to sit next to you instead of across from you. You always laid your bags in the chair next to you, so no one ever sat there.

He shyly took the seat next to you and you gave him a small smile, glad that he was there. He picked up his messenger bag to get his sketchbook out, but he didn't grab a pencil. He held the sketchbook in front of you, slowly flipping through the pages so it would look like the drawing were moving. 'He made an animation!' you thought to yourself, amazed. His sketches were pretty rough, but you could tell that he was pretty talented.

The drawings showed a boy and a girl on a train. It showed them smiling at eachother and laughing together and finally, it showed the boy standing up in front of the girl, blushing, with a letter in his hands. Suddenly, the animation faded to the white paper that he began with and letters gradually showed up on the paper making the words, 'will you go out with me?' in fancy writing with three boxes at the bottom, yes, no, and maybe. You looked up at you and you smiled at him.

"Why did you go through all this work to ask me out?" You asked while you were still smiling, "Oh and my name's (Full name), nice to finally meet you." You shook his hand.

Suddenly, he showed you a sad smile and put one finger on his mouth, making the 'shush' sign as he shook his head.

Your smiled at him even when you realized that he was mute. You found yourself falling in love with him, not caring about what disabilities he had. You quickly reached into your purse to grab a pen and gently took the sketchbook from his hands. You checked off the box that said 'yes' and wrote underneath, 'I would love to,' in your neat handwriting.

He looked up at you with the most caring eyes and he smiled the softest smile you have ever seen.