Precious

A/N: Thank you mashtrsh fir requesting this! This can be triggering. If you are sensitive to blood, cutting, and suicide, I recommend you not to read. Also, I apologize if Kenma is OOC in this.
~Manager-chan/Author-chan

Kenma x reader

Kenma POV
precious
ˈprɛʃəs/
adjective
1.
of great value; not to be wasted or treated carelessly.

You were definitely one of a kind. You were special, unique, fragile. You were a new first year at Nekoma High. You also decided to become the manager of their boy's volleyball club. You lived volleyball, but your condition made you weak and fragile so you couldn't play.

You were the Nekoma team's precious little manager. One of them was especially fond of you. His name is Kozume Kenma.

He had his eyes on you since the first time you two had met.

~Flashback~
"Urgh..."

"Oof..."

Kenma was on his way to volleyball practice when he crashed into someone. As soon as they crashed, he felt liquid splash onto him. Now he was soaking wet. He huffed, prepared to give the person his death glare.

"Oh my! I'm sorry. I wasn't looking!" he heard the most soothing voice he had ever heard I. His entire life.

Kenma looked up and completely forgot about his soaking wet uniform and death glare. He was intrigued by you.

"I-it's okay..." He said quietly.
~End of flashback~

From that day on, Kenma got to know you more and more. He fell in love with you. You were definitely something that should be kept safe.

He felt the urge to protect you every time he saw you get bullied for your condition. He felt the urge to keep you for himself every time he saw his team mates comfort you. He always felt the urge to fix up your injuries for you when he saw some of your wounds.

He was always too late though. His teammates or your friends would always beat him to it. This was like a game.

He was the player. The others were enemies. You were the precious princess he had to save. You were his precious princess. He was going to save you.

As the months passed by, Kenma noticed that you were...changing. You got skinnier...even skinnier than when he'd first met you and you were already really skinny from your condition. You got paler. You slouched more. You smiled less and when you did, Kenma could tell that they were forced.

He also noticed that you started coming later and later. He knew something was really wrong when you started covering yourself and covering your (s/t) face with your (h/c) hair. Kenma couldn't let his precious princess suffer, so he decided to investigate.

~~~~~~~~~~

Kenma followed quietly behind you, trying not to get caught. He was confused when you had ran into the abandoned garden in the back of the school. What he saw next made him scared and mad.

"I thought so," he sneered, coming out from behind the wall.

His eyes filled with sadness when he saw your face. It was covered with tear stains and there was a little bit of blood dripping out of the corner of your mouth. He looked down and saw blood pouring out your wrists. The tiny blade in your hand didn't go unnoticed by this observant setter.

He slowly walked towards you, but with each step he took forward, you took backwards. Soon enough, he backed you up to a tree. He flinched when he saw you wince as your head banged against the tree's rough bark. It hurt him to see his precious one like this.

"(F/n), wha—" he was cut off by you, screaming and crying.

"STOP! Get away from me! Why do you care anyways?! Im stupid, useless, weak. I don't deserve to be here! So don't try to stop me!"

Kenma gasped at your words. He watched as you brought the bloody blade towards your wrist once again, but before the blade could touch you, Kenma grabbed the blade and chucked it into the bushes.

"Ken—!"

Kenma grabbed you and pulled you into his chest. He felt you stiffen and try to push him away, but he continued to hold you tight. Soon, you stopped struggling and gave in.

It hurt him hearing and seeing you cry, blood from your wrists dripping on the ground. He hugged you until you stopped crying. He pulled away, gently placing his hands on your shoulders.

He didn't care if he was late to practice. He didn't care if he got extra laps to run. He had to stay here with you. He couldn't let you go just like that. Kenma gave you one of his rare smiles.

"You will always be precious to me. You're my precious princess."