Father?? Me??

• Dedicated to Sid my best friend and bro who refuses to talk to me,anymore

Albus walked in and sat on the high backed chair. I walked in after him. "What do you wish of me?" I asked. He removed his half moon spectacles and cleaned them. He conjured two glasses of dark amber liquid.

"Have some brandy Severus. Sit and we can talk." he offered. I grabbed the glass and sat across him on the black couch. But did not drink. He sipped his drink slowly. He hadn't saved Lily. I had promised him anything in exchange for him hiding her from the dark lord. But it hadn't worked. And now I was his slave. Supposed to do everything he says and not have a say in it. I did not realize I was possibly muttering under my breath until he spoke.

"You are not my slave Severus" he said gently, "Dont ever again think of yourself in such a manner. Anyways I had come to ask you a favour. I was wondering you since you stay alone it must get quite lonely. Drink it Severus. I haven't poisoned it you know!" he chuckled. I looked up at the old man to see what he was getting at. I do not wish to date any woman at the moment. How dare he even suggest when he knew of how I felt for Lily. But nothing prepared me for what he next said. "Why not adopt a child Severus?"

I glared at the old man like he had asked for my soul, not that I would have cared at the moment, in fact it seemed a request much more reasonable, much more easier compared to adopting Potter's brat. Anything was better than to have to see the embodiment of Lily and James' love every day and care for the prat like my own. "Have you gone insane?" I hissed coldly "Me? Adopt that brat of James Potter? What made you think I would agree to something as absurd as that Dumbledore!" I roared resisting the urge to call him a dunderhead instead of Dumbledore.

"You expect me to adopt that child? Why should I? No one ready to take him in? Thats hardly the problem I can assure you a lot of people have to be ready to take him in. I hardly can think of a reason why anyone would refuse the BOY WHO LIVED after all." I scoffed.

"Yes. Severus I myself am quite aware of that but I am not here for Harry after all." the old man said calmly. "Harry has aready been left in Petunia's care. I am sure you remember her yes Severus?"

"Of course I remember her." I scowled. Who could forget that woman easily? "Why cant you just let me be alone for Merlin's sake then? Let me grieve alone. I will report when school starts back. I remember what I promised you. And I am not going to back off. So just let me stay with my sorrow while you carry out your master plans that cannot save a single person." I hissed scornfully hitting where it hurt the most.

Dumbledore was visibly angry."SEVERUS!" he yelled with anger "CONTROL YOURSELF. You seriously need more control on your tongue. This is one of the major reasons why Lily stopped talking to you in the first placeand you still haven't learnt. You hardly have any control over your tongue. I did everything in my power to try and save the Potters but they put their trust in the wrong person. We have already been over this discussion and we both know you are going to protect Harry but Severus you need to first control yourself first." he paused and took a deep breath. "Now go and have a shower. It will cool you considerably and then we will talk. Meanwhile I will make us tea."

I stomped off to my room and without unbuttoning my shirt pulled it easily over my thin body. I undressed and grabbed a clean white towel from the cloth basket and walked in. I was done with the shower in ten minutes. The hot water seemed to wash away my pain and anger at Dumbledore. It wasnt really the old man's fault afterall I thought as I changed into a navy blue t-shirt and black jeans. I got to the kitchen and the scent of the Earl grey Dumbledore had got ready wafted over. I muttered apologies for my behaviour. Dumbledore chuckled. "Its alright Severus." he waved a hand dismissively.

"You were saying something about a-adopting a child" I stuttered only slightly completely aware of what I was getting into as I sat down to sip the tea. It was good. "Finish your tea and we will talk" Dumbledore replied. "Navy blue suits your skin Severus you should wear it more often, I bet girls would go crazy for you." he added pulling my leg.