Detentions, a letter and the next day

(Shine's p.o.v.)

After combat magic, we had no classes. So me, Sera and Ed walked off to the Artemis tower for some rest and homework. We completed the Charms homework within an hour and I still had an hour before detention. So we played wizard chess. Tony and his silent friend Vladmir joined us for the game. Vladmir was pretty good. I whereas well am crap at it.

Soon it was an hour and I ran off to the office of B.L. She sat at her desk in her office in the Apollo tower.I walked in after knocking. "Enter" the strong feminine voice said.

"You are late, Ms. Snape." she said as I opened the door. The office had a strict institutional feel to it. It had two high-backed chairs. One desk and a single armchair. It had two old quidditch cups. And the desk was decorated mainly with white black and yellow. She sat behind the desk a stern look on her face. Felix already sat in front of her.

"I 'm sorry Prof. I was in the common room. And I lost track of time."

"Anyways, hand over your wands. You wont be needing them."

We handed our wands to her."Good. Now follow me." she said and got up. Then she walked out expecting us to follow. She was walking at a brisk pace. We soon reached an empty classroom. She opened the door and entered.

"Get in. C'mon now fast." she said tapping her foot impatiently. I looked in the room. But I couldnt find any equipment for corporal punishment. So I entered. Felix followed.

"You will be cleaning off the chewing gum sticking to the desks. Come tell me when you are done and I will inspect your work. If I am satisfied you can go."

I looked at her with puppy dog eyes hoping badly it would work. But it did not probably affect her."C'mon now set to work. Lots to do."she sighed simply and left.

I looked at Felix. He had a horrified expression on his face. We had to do this without wands and this was the biggest classroom. It had 150 benches. So by division we got 75 benches each. Even if you assumed that 50 were clean we had 50 benches each. And we did not have our wands.

Felix took the alumunium scraper and set to work. I sat down to work too. We cleaned the benches carefully. We were talking quietly about the detention. And how horrific this was. After thirty benches we got bored. My neck and arms were aching niw. U swear I 'm never going to ever again stick gum under the bench.

Then we started planning for a prank. We then talked a bit more about a lot of other stuff like how was our day as we rested for some time. We still had 45 benches each to go. It was already one hour. So we got back to work.

Within the next hour we had finished the work and we set off to her office. She did not even bother to check. Just returned our wands.

Dinner had already been finished, so she got us some jacket potato bread and pumpkin juice. Then I walked off to the tower.

Sera, Ed and Tony were waiting for my return. "What did she make you do?" they all asked as soon as I entered the common room.

"Scrape chewing gum debris off desks."

"Had fun?" Tony asked.

"Sure Tony lots." I muttered sarcastically.

"C'mon lets go up to the dorm. We have,lectures in the morning." Sera said.

"We walked up to the girls dorms for first year. I pulled out a piece of parchment. "What are you doing?" Sera asked me.

"Huh?"

"Who are you writing to?"

"Dad."

"Oh what about?"