Depression

(Shine's p.o.v.)

The next week I lived at Godric's Hollow. Dear old Dumbledore was like the overprotective grandfather. He was concerned about me. Atleast he thought he was. I did say he was only showing pity for a girl who had lost her powers. And I did not want it. I did not want pity niether from him nor from anyone else.

I spent my days mainly reading books from his personal library. I found many interesting things. I found who my father was. I knew he was in Azkaban. I soon realised him to be the guy with curly hairs I saw in Severus Snape's memory of teenage trauma and my hatred towards my father increased. He had no reason, no provocation to torture Snape. I just could not fathom how any person could be so horrific. What kind of life he must have led. What idiotic upbringing that justified this. I could hardly understand this person. I wanted to meet him. I got up from where I was sitting on the porch. I had a sudden idea. I knew Dumbledore wouldn't approve but it was worth a try.

"Dumbledore",I called as soon as I was inside,"I want to visit him, in Azkaban." I looked up at his expression. It was thoughtful. He was trying to read my mind to know my reasons. But I did not have any specific reason. I was confident he wouldn't get a thing. He smiled at my thoughts. But that feeling that his electriv blue eyes were trying to drill into my mind did not go away. I had almost learnt to live with it now. After thinking for a few moments he turned down my request. Even Da---Snape, I thought shaking my head as his memory wrenched my heart, had that ability to make you feel he could read your mind. It was creepy but I think you couldn't afford to take that feeling lightly. They both actually can drill into your mind.

I had been training last week at Dumbledore's place for developing the mind power to block legilimency use by an opponent. It was a useful art but to perform it when your mind is at it's weakest is extremely difficult. But it worked to keep my mind off him off memories. I mainly indulged myself by doing every stupud work manually.

One week later I had almost recovered from my experiences. I had been helping Dumbledore make breakfast. We made ourselves some spicy scrambled eggs by adding chillies and we made some cocoa. We had some black liquorice candy as well. We were having breakfast. I had finished mine and was clearing the dish and glass when the fire crackled. Some soot blew up. The fire turned emerald green. And a face appeared in the flames."Dumbledore?" the cool clear voice of Severus Snape asked,"Can I make a visit?"

I took one look at Dumbledore and he signalled me to keep sitting. Bad idea no.1 I thought. I remined seated.

"Sure, Severus. What is it?"

"Its private. Not safe to talk on floo."

"Come over then Severus"

For a moment the head disappeared. And then the flames swirled emerald green and he stood in the fireplace. His eyes swept the room and landed on me. He smirked. "Didn't find a taker for the murderer's daughter did you?"

"Oh no Severus! You are mistaken. Infact I did find a new home for her. She will be leaving in two days. I wanted her for atleast two weeks to give her some time."

"Very well. I dont think she has any buisness sitting here. She should leave."

"Honey, hope you dont mind."

"Of course not" I replied eager to get out of there.

(Snape's p.o.v.)

I went home straightway going to my firewhisky stores. I pulled out one bottle. Uncorked it and started downing it. I could hardly believe myself. Had the kiddo been here she would just have summoned the bottle and smashed it. She would have done it to the next one too. And continued till I growled at her to go up to bed. But she would have just summoned the last bottle from upstairs.