Going Away. Why?

I always wanted to write a fanfic about marvel. I had this first chapter, but never published it. I hope you like it. Updates are slow btw. 

P.S. This is my first fanfic. Please don't judge too harshly.

Chapter 1- Winter's POV:

I get up at six in the mourning. Why so early? Will, I'm used to it thanks to my mom. She made it a rule to go to bed at eight o'clock and wake up at six. Having a schedule means order. Order means happiness in our life. That's what my mom tells me anyway. I take a quick shower and go down stairs. I stop in the kitchen wondering what I should cook. My mom said she had some big news to tell me. She tried telling me yesterday, but couldn't bring herself to do it. So I'm guessing she won't want a big breakfast.

I decide to make pancakes. Sadly not from scratch. I don't have time for that. I get the pancake batter and add the stuff in. One cup of milk and two eggs. I add a scope of sugar and chocolate chips. I'm more of blueberry pancake type of girl, but chocolate chip pancakes are my moms favorite. I stir the ingredients and get the bacon into the oven. Should I do sausage, eggs, and tater tots? Nah, that would be to much.

I bring out two tall glass cups for when I pour the orange juice later. I scope up some pancake batter and place it on the skillet. I notice the pancake is not round whatsoever. Who cares. Well I do but my mom doesn't. I flip over the pancake with ease. I hear footsteps coming my way. My maid comes in. She's really tall and has glossy black hair (with a few gray strands) in a high ponytail. Her skinned glowed and she had high cheek bones. I sigh. Here comes the part were she complains about me cooking.

"Miss Winter, I'm suppose to cook breakfast. You must not work yourself, when you maids in this house. You can stop now. I will take over, so you may rest your poor feet from standing to long."

She comes closer to me. I hold my hand up. "Alice, I told you I love cooking. I don't mind doing work for myself once and awhile."

"Miss Winter, we're here for a reason. I know you like to do those things, but I am being paid for a reason. Now please, Miss Winter."

I move aside and sit at the stool at the island. I smile. Alice always wants to work, but I feel she does it way too much. When ever we give her vacations, she chooses to still work. She rarely doesn't work on her day off. We  have plenty of maids who work here. She doesn't need to overwork herself. But I guess that's why I admire her. She a strong independent leader among the others who work here. She's been here as long as I could remember. I wouldn't trade her for anybody.

My mom comes down stairs dressed in black sweats and a blue t-shirt. She usually never dresses like that. Most of the time she would wear nice designer clothing. She nods at Alice and sits in the stool next to me. We have a kitchen table, but barley use it. I smile at my mom and hug her. She smiles but not a real one. She looks pained. Why? I guess it's the news she has to tell me. If the news is we're moving, I guess I would be sad too. Not really though. A new place would be nice. I lived in this house, will mansion, for my whole life. 

I doubt that's the news though. We would've probably been packing up things by now. My mom gets up and walks down the hall slowly. I wonder what's wrong with her. I turn to Alice and watch her flip two pancakes at once. Alice was the one to teach me how to cook. I asked  her to teach me. At first she said there's no point in learning when I have someone else to do it. I asked what if I'm suddenly alone and have a bunch of random food in my house and I don't know what to do with it. She finally agreed to teach me. Now though when I think about that question, I wonder what was going through my mind. I was five then, but who knows?

Alice puts a stack of three pancakes on each plate. The oven beeps and she pulls out the bacon. Next she pours the orange juice in the cups. I frown. Alice didn't put any aside for her. "Alice you-"