Looking a Little Green

Chapter 19- Winter's POV:

"Who's next! Who's next?" I ask Natasha. After the training we went to a wrestling match. I placed a bet and won two thousand. The other guy thought he could beat a kid at a bet. Some, but not me. To be honest though, I didn't really need the money. I could've lost and still be fine.

Natasha just smiles at me. I hope whoever it is we have as much fun. I actually like spending a day with each one of them. Makes things interesting. I give Nat puppy dog eyes. Poking out my bottom lip. I don't know how will this will work, but it's worth a try. Nat shakes her head. I sigh. Whoever it is should be coming soon anyway. Peter had to go do something for his Aunt so he's gone. Ava is sitting with us, but is not really talking. Don is off somewhere in this tower talking to Sam. I think they might have a thing for each other. Sadly I don't know. Those kind of things can go either way. The elevator opens. Bruce walks in looking tired. Natasha gets up walking over to Bruce.

"You alright?" Nat asks him in concern.

"Yeah, just been working real late last night."

"On what?" I question.

"Classified things," he says with a yawn at the end. I frown. No fair. I feel like ever since I came here, I started acting more childish. I think that's a good thing. Bruce gives a small smile. Guessing on the state he's in, we're not going to do much. I was really hoping for some fun.

"I thought you having a party?" I question.

"We are. I just left to my lab and did some work," Bruce replies.

"I didn't see you come in here."

"I do have other places to work Winter."  

I stay silent. Makes sense for Bruce to leave. Nat says her goodbyes and leaves. Bruce goes to his room. Asking Ava and I to make sure no one makes a noise. We find Don and Sam sitting in Don's room on the floor. A bit close in my opinion. We tell them the drill. All of us going to the floor just below Bruce's room.

Don and Sam continue talking. I tried talking to Don about my project. If I could make her powers call out to other magical items she could be nearly unstoppable. I reach in my pocket for my phone and call Tony. Might as well get his permission now.

"Hello."

"Hey dear uncle Tony," I start.

"What did you do?"

"Nothing. I was just wondering if I can do some experiments on Don to increase her power to call other magical to her."

"Su-," Tony gets interrupted in the background by Steve. "Stark, that would be endangering Don and us as well. Winter shouldn't be messing around with that kind of stuff."

"Pipe down old man. Winter can do it. If Don doesn't want to do it then she can't. Simple as that."

"She said I could. Thanks Tony. Sorry Steve."

"Wint-" I hang up before Steve can complain. Now I just have to wait until Don is done talking. Hopefully soon. I don't want to sit here bored. I play hangman with Ava. The sentence is Don and Sam like each other. She almost guessed all the letters. Just needs d, c ,and e. She guesses and gets it right. When she reads what it says, she nods in agreement. We look at the others. Then at each other, nodding once more.

We play a few more times before getting bored of that. Next we play tic-tac-toe. Silent games aren't really fun. The whole time we're playing, we end up with a tie. Not one win for either of us. Next I draw bits of a whole picture. Ava tries to guess what it is before I finish. Surprisingly she's really bad at this. When she draws, I guess it in no time. Ava gets mad that I can and she can't.