Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One (Xed)

I woke up to the warm sunlight pouring through the balcony windows and into my face, making me grimace at the strength of it. I blinked a few times, frowning as I started to roll over, then paused when I felt a lump under the blankets beside me. For a second, I was confused until I remembered what had happened to Newell the night before and my heart clenched.

I rolled over carefully so as not to wake him up, not that that would be a problem as he was a heavy sleeper. I glanced over at Daimonas, who was still fast asleep with his back facing us and body in a fetal position similiar to Newell's under the blankets. I frowned, however. Something about the lump looked odd.

A wave of concern swept over me as I grabbed the blanket and tore it back.

I froze, completely stunned. I couldn't find the words to express what was going through my mind in that moment as I stared down at Newell as he lay sleeping completely naked in his fetal position.

But he was no longer the small irritable man he'd been all these years. I only knew it was him because despite the matured structure of his features, I would recognize that face anywhere, even without the angry scowl or flat expression. He slept peacefully with a gentle expression on his face. His body had gone from childish to adult in less than ten hours. He was slender and lean, pale and smooth like ivory. His fingers were long and delicate, wrapped around his stomach. Even more stunning was his hair. Yesterday it had been short and fine. Now it was incredibly long and silky, an impossible black that fell down past his waist to a backside so fine and firm that I wondered how it even got like that.

I blinked a few times, trying to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing.

This was impossible.

This couldn't possibly be Newell.

Newell was small and tiny and cute. This Newell was taller and bigger and... and... incredibly sexy.

My body roared to life at the naked sight of him lying there, lips parted so he could breath gently and silently. It took everything I had not to simply roll him over and take him, but then again, I was still reeling from shock and could only sit there, staring down at him as he slept.

How did this happen? Was this what Alora had done? Or had it been something else? Was this why he had been in pain lately? It was his body growing? I kept asking myself questions, unable to come to any answers because I was still shocked.

I did manage to move my hand and touched his shoulder. A shiver coursed through me at the feel of his petal soft skin beneath my rough fingers. I dared to run my hand down his arm, savoring the feel of his skin. My fingertips reached his hip bone. A sharp, but well shaped hipbone that I cupped before resting my hand on his thigh. When he shifted, I instantly tore my hand back as if I had touched fire. I looked up to see Newell stretch, making a particular organ of my body tighten and weep to be inside the firm buttcheeks that squeezed tight in front of me.

Newell rolled onto his back, breathing out a deep sigh. He dropped an arm onto his forehead, then frowned. I could see that it was Newell. He had the same furrow of the brow, same scrunched nose, dimple in his cheek when he frowned. I still couldn't believe it.

"My head hurts." He murmured to no one in particular, or maybe he knew I was already awake and staring at him. His voice was just a bit deeper, but not too much. It wasn't a girly sound. No, he just sounded like a young boy, not as young as before. He didn't seem to notice the difference as he slowly sat up, propping himself up a hand and reaching up with the other to rub at his eyes. I gave the bed a little shake to get his attention, because it was all I could really manage. He scowled.