Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four (Daimonas)

London was huge!

There were hundreds and hundreds of old buildings that ranged from small to big. They even had their own giant clock. There were a lot more people there too than there were in New Orleans. There were so many different smells too. So many different sounds, even the people sounded different!

But their voices reminded me of the boy from my vision.

Dominik. Would I end up meeting him too? Part of me was worried. There was something about the boy that had bothered me, but I wasn't sure what. He wasn't dangerous. At least, he didn't look like it, but there was something that told me he wouldn't want a hug or even to be talked to. In a weird kind of way, he reminded me of myself.

Of course, I kept most of my vision to myself. I didn't even tell Newell that I had already known he would become older. If I did, he might think it was all a bad thing, and not all my visions were bad. Some of them were actually good. Like Newell getting bigger. I didn't see anything bad about that.

And I could tell Newell was happy too.

He was actually smiling and talking more to Xed, who seemed just as pleased. Sure, they were kinda gross sometimes when they would kiss too much or flirt or something like that, but it was still nice to know they were happy.

I wasn't all too happy, though.

I mean, London was pretty. So very pretty and I loved it the most of all the places we visited.

And yet, something was missing. I wanted Starling back in all honesty. I wanted to hear him telling me everything was okay. I wanted to hear more about him. I wanted to know more about him. We hadn't known each other for that long and I didn't get the chance to find out more than just his skateboard obsession.

"All right," Newell said, scrolling through his cell phone as we waited outside the airport for a cab, "I'm going to call Vladimir and see what he can do. Xed, keep an eye on Daimonas." He dialed Vladimir's number and walked away for privacy. I scowled, folding my arms over my chest and looking up at Xed, who smiled at me.

"I may be a kid, but I'm not dumb. I'm not gonna walk away because I saw something shiny." I grumbled. Xed just put his big hand on my head and ruffled my hair. It was his way of telling me he understood. I sighed, looking around and chewing my lower lip before looking back at Xed, who scanned the city warily. He wasn't much of a city person, and it made sense. He was used to living with a close knit family in the middle of nowhere. A city had too many people and not enough water.

"Maybe we can find a pool." I said to him. Xed blinked, looking down at me, then smiled and gave a short nod to indicate he hoped so. I wanted to teach him the thing Newell had called Sign Language, then he'd be able to actually communicate easier when he was in his human form.

"Okay then," Newell sighed, making Xed and I look up as he came over to us, "Looks like Vladimir has everything all ready for us. He even purchased us a flat that's in Notting Hill. It's not too far, but we'll need to take a cab. He's opened up accounts for each of us, including Daimonas, but most of his money is for college." I pouted.

"What if I want money for new clothes?" I asked. Newell scrunched up his nose.

"Then I'll buy you new clothes, but you have plenty of them right now. We need to get to the flat and figure things out from there," He said, waving to a cab to come get us before he frowned at me, "He's also already filed papers for you to attend a school called St. Magna's Private School for Gifted Boys and Girls. He said he has a friend who works on the school board who convinced the others to allow you entrance." I blinked.