Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter Twenty-Three (Newell)

The next morning, we woke bright and early to go to the airport.

It was difficult to get used to the change that had taken over in one night. One night was all it took for my life to completely change. I woke up each morning, wondering why the gods allowed me to. I spent the rest of the day surrounded by people who had what I always wanted. I went to bed each night, partially wishing I wouldn't wake up in the morning, only to be disappointed each time.

This was the first morning where I woke up completely refreshed and alive. There wasn't a single thought in my head where I wished I hadn't died during the night.

I blinked the sleep from my eyes and went to try and rub my eyes, then stopped when I felt a heavy arm locked around my waist and a rock hard chiseled chest against my back. The sound of his beating heart joined mine in a gentle rhythm. I couldn't fight a smile from my face. I never smiled, as a rule. It would make people think I was at ease and if I was at ease, I was an easy target. But now I was confident that if someone wanted to ruin my happiness, I would ruin their whole day.

So I let myself smile as I felt Xed's arm coiled around me. His nose was buried in my hair at the nape of my neck, his breath hot and soft against my skin. I slid my hand down his arm, following it around me. He sighed, tightening his grip on me as he woke up. He was always a light sleeper.

His lips touched the back of my neck and sent chills coursing through me. My body reacted instantly to his touch, blood rushing south as Xed swept his hand up the front of my pajama shirt, which was actually his shirt, but I had worn it out of habit. Goose bumps prickled my skin as his rough hands rubbed slow circles on my chest. His calloused palm scraped over my nipple and I gasped quietly at the sensation that felt like a hot flame shooting through my veins.

I could hear Xed's heart rate pick up as well. He scooted up until his groin was pressed against my backside, his breath hot against my head as he breathed in the scent of my hair. He continued to rub my chest, occasionally passing over my nipple to the point where it was hard and sore.

My body felt giddy with excitement. I wanted him to keep touching me. I wanted to feel his hands somewhere further down. I wanted to feel him inside of me more than anything, but there was that little ball of doubt coiled tight in my stomach.

What if I did something wrong? What if he didn't like it? What if I didn't like it? What if it hurt? What if I hurt him? I wouldn't be able to resist biting him. What if he didn't like that during sex? What position were you supposed to do it in the first time? I had no idea.

And I was embarrassed.

I'd spent nearly a hundred years on this planet and I hadn't even figured out how sex worked. I played that I did, sure, but that was different from actually doing it. Especially with someone I actually felt something for.

I didn't want to say the word because I didn't want to jinx this relationship.

It would be just my luck that I say it too many times and it would come to mean nothing, or would be ruined by something or someone else.

"If you guys are gonna use sex as my alarm clock from now on, I want to be re-adopted." Daimonas grunted, making my cheeks heat as I realized he was awake. Even with his back to us, his body covered by his blankets, he still managed to figure it out. I couldn't wait to get our flat in London, that way we could actually have some privacy.

"We're not," I deadpanned, making Xed sigh wearily, "There's such a thing called cuddling."

"Yeah, well, not where his hand is going." Daimonas grunted, making me scowl and look down to see Xed's hand had wandered a bit too close to my cock that felt like it was about to explode. I held my breath and Xed safely moved his hand away. I found myself incredibly disappointed, but then I remembered what I had done to him in San Francisco, the way I forced him to get me off. I grimaced at that and wiggled out from under his arm, getting up and almost falling.