Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six (Daimonas)

After gym, everyone piled into the locker rooms to change back into their uniforms. I expected Jason to come up to me and say something about earlier, but he seemed to get a brain through all the jogging and exercise and left me alone.

Unfortunately, I couldn't say the same for Dominik. He patiently waited for everyone to leave as he sat on the benches that were set up just under the lockers. Jason walked over to him and stooped down, muttering something in Dominik's ear. I couldn't hear what it was, much to my displeasure, but whatever it was made Dominik gasp and tense up. Jason said something else, then gave Dominik a rough shove into the lockers.

With that, Jason and his minions were gone, taking most of the boys in the locker room with him. Some gave Dominik an extra shove as if that satisfied them, making them snicker as they left Dominik and I alone in the locker rooms. I finished changing, hanging back and not looking at Dominik so he could change back into his uniform. Once he was finished, I came up to him.

"Dominik, why don't you tell them to stop?" I asked. Dominik shook his head, shrugging his bag over his shoulder, pausing to wince before he picked up his books.

"If I did that, Jason would only pick on me more." He answered automatically, as if he'd been asked before and was used to giving the same answer over and over again. I frowned.

"Then why don't you tell the teachers?" I asked. Dominik shook his head quickly, fixing his glasses on his face, then pausing to take them off. He glared at them as if he could just snap them in half and throw them away, but my powers picked up on the fact that he had some pretty poor vision. He cleaned them off and put them back on, pushing them up his nose.

"I don't want to bother with it. Things are okay the way they are." He responded softly. I scowled, putting a hand on my hip.

"They are not," I insisted, "Jason is being a bully. You need to tell the teachers and they'll make him leave you alone, right?"

"It's not that easy," Dominik snapped, making me frown as he cleared his throat and shook his head, moving away from me, "Please just stop butting in. You've already ruined your chances of making any friends. At least try to save yourself by leaving me alone."

"I don't want to." I deadpanned. Dominik glared at me for the longest time, then gave up and turned, heading out the door. I followed close behind him as we made our way down the hallway. We walked in silence mostly. Other students walked by, some snickering and others spitting comments at Dominik. I could taste a bloodlust so hot that it made my blood feel like lava. I wanted to rip into all of them.

To hell with eating crackers and cheese for lunch. I was about ready to eat the students.

"What's your next class?" I decided to ask. Dominik glanced at me, then away, like he was debating ways to ditch me like he did this morning, then gave up and sighed, shoulders slumping in defeat.

"I'm going to Biology next." He said quietly. I looked at my schedule and disappointment swallowed me as I realized I had a different science class called Chemistry. I sighed, then frowned.

"Take me to your class, so I can pick you up and we can go to the next one together." I said. Dominik hesitated.

"But, you don't know where your classroom is," He pointed out, "So, I should take you to class." I shrugged at that. I guess that made sense, but I was still worried about Dominik being on my own. I wondered if the school would let me change my schedule to be like Dominik's, but I guess that would depend on where he was at academically, or whatever that word was that Newell used.