~Chapter 2~

You remained face down in the snow, a million situations running through your mind. A million facts. A million fates...

Sans voice still spoke in your ear but you were numb towards it. "Sorry Sans, I need to think this through. I'll call you back later..." You said quietly.

You moved numbly to your feet and started walking in a random direction. West maybe, but with no compass or sun, you couldn't be sure.

'If I'm in an alternate universe, that means that the experiment blew me here. Currently no one, except the melted pile of pup, trusts me. I need access to the right materials to recreate the experiment and blow me back into my own dimension. But if that doesn't work, I could end up in a dimension worse than this. I need to talk to Gaster...'

You looked up to see a large door, just a few feet away. It was the entrance to the ruins. Nostalgia helped calm your nerves as you recalled book club with Toriel. As you took a trip down memory lane, the door creaked open and you yelped in surprise.

You swan-dived into a snowy bush nearby and peered out at the newcomer. A neatly cut mop of brown hair peaked right above the bush, a small child skipping  below it in a blue and purple-striped jumper. You knew better than to jump out and hug the child, but it was getting hard to restrain yourself.

Frisk had always been the most accepting and foremost best friends back home. Seeing them was all you needed to feel better. They walked by you, not noticing you in the slightest. Staying concealed, you crept near them until you both faced the gate. Frisk seems amused by the uselessness of it but a hidden sense of danger stood you hairs on end.

From the corner of your eye, the familiar flash of golden yellow blurred and you jumped from your hiding spot. Frisk was alarmed by your sudden appearance but didn't move to stop you. "Who are-"

"Frisk, do NOT trust that skeleton! He's a just a fat-oversized dick that attacks what he can't understand."

Frisk looked a bit more scared. "H-How do you know my name?"

You grinned sadly. "We've met before, just not like this." You said quietly.

Frisk was both confused and a little scared. To be honest, you were scared too. Footsteps crunched in the snow and you jumped in front of Frisk, shoving your arm out in front of him protectively. "Please, Frisk. Trust me.
I couldn't hurt you even if I wanted." I pled, not bothering to look for his reaction.

A small tug on your lab coat gave you a reassuring feeling. A sigh escaped your lips as finally you saw the skeleton clearly.

"Heh beautiful, seems you just keep running into me, huh?"

You rolled your eyes. "Back off Asswipe, Frisk is under my protection. And if you plan on greeting him how you greeted me, we're going to have an issue." You warned.

He chuckled deeply. "Watch your language dove, there's a child in our presence."

"I know for a fact Frisk's had heard worse." You scoffed.

Frisk looked at you again with that peculiar curiosity. It was odd being in this position, knowing everyone but them not knowing you. You held Frisk hand comfortingly and pulled him up on to your hip. He was only 7 so that made it easier.

"If you're here because he needs a guide, forget it. I know the Underground like I know the back of my hand. I can help Frisk, and I won't leave him unless he says so." You sneered.

You shoved the skeleton's shoulder as you passed through the gate. "Darling~" he started.

"My name is (Y/N). Not princess, or sweetie or darling or any other disgusting nickname you have in storage. Back off PonyBoy."