~Chapter 16~

Your vision returned but your body was numb. Red tinted all that you saw, liked you were watching through colored glass. Giggles of insanity played like background music, ebbing on your irritation and sour mood.

"Chara! Let my body go before I make you!" You yelled, worry and rage mixing into a toxic poison in your veins.

"Let you go?! I'm not stupid like you (Y/N). I finally have my choice vessel. It's about time I got to the fun part."

Their childish giggled turned into roars of horrifying laughter. You watched as your skin paled and your body changed. Though it was still your body, small parts changed. Your skin was pale and sickly and your clothes seemed to morph. An eerily familiar green and yellow sweater overtook your prior clothing. You recognized the clothing from Toriel's house back home.

Your hand raised and grasped firmly onto the blade you'd previously feared. Your laugh rang the air as Toriel appeared in the doorway. You watched as her recognition quickly dissolved into horror.

"C-Chara... My child... Y-You're alive?!" She stuttered.

"Hello mother dear!" Chara chirped.

You felt like a passenger in your own body. You screamed to Toriel to run. But nothing happened. Toriel ran to your body and embraced it like a toddler held their stuffed animal. Quiet giggles rang in your head as your hand reached the blade up behind Toriel's back.

Chara stop! You screamed, but then fell silent. Your voice echoed like Chara's once did when you were in control. You had no power to stop it.

Wet tears decorated your face as the knife rose higher. A new person appeared and you felt relief, even if brief.

G!Sans looked at the scene in horror, seeing how you changed. He knew exactly what had happened. You pled with him to kill you then but grief and pity took his promise from him. He took Toriel's soul with his magic and threw her to the side, the blade just milliseconds from lowering into Toriel's soft fur.

His golden-ringed eye gaze off waves if yellow flame, but his expression was soft.

"Mrs. Dreemur, that's not your child. That's a demonic soul that just possessed my girlfriend!"

Toriel looked from G!Sans to you with uncertainty. A long wail filled the air and you realized it was from your own mouth.

"I missed my mommy! The mean girls experiments trapped me soul in her body. I was so scared!"

No! That's a lie, please don't come any closer!

You pled until tears almost blinded you. You wiped them furiously and tried to gain control again.

Toriel rose steadily and looked at you, well, Chara. "It's okay my child, I won't let anyone hurt you." She said softly.

"Dreemur!"

"Be quiet Sans! I would recognize my own child." Toriel snapped.

G!Sans growled and took her soul with his magic again. She cried as G!Sans attempted to trap her away from the two of you. Chara appeared next to you, laughing hysterically.

"Oh my god! These idiots are just SO funny. Mom sure is gullible! Ha!"

You growled and lunged at her, but her form disappeared. "Ah ah ah! Not until the shows over!"

Give me back my body you rosy-cheeked bastard!

"Enjoy!"

Suddenly you saw the scene again, moving like it was actually you. Toriel thrashed around wildly as your own soul became yellow. You rose steadily and not too gently.