~Chapter 5~

At some point you dozed off because when you woke up, your were in a bed.
In addition to that, Frisk was curled up next to you. You looks around the room curiously and your brows knit instantly. There was a bookshelf on the opposite wall of the room. Most of it was complex manuals and notebook filled with theories and data, but on the top shelf were several long neglected children's book and action figures. In the farthest corner was a desk with a computer. A neat cup of pencils sat next to it along with a pile of notebooks. The room was spotless and neat. Paps.

You stood up and stretched. You'd slept more in the past 48 hours than you had in the entire past week. It disgusted you. Something eerie nagged at the edge of your mind, like there was a reason you kept being pulled towards sleep. It felt terrifying.

(Y/N)... Don't you wanna play with me? I am just a kid after all...

You whipped around only to find Frisk dead asleep. Chills climbed your spine and your (E/C) eyes swept the room. In the farthest possible point of the room, on the computer screen, static flickered. In between flickers, you could see a child. They wore a green and yellow sweater with short light brown hair. They had red eyes and unnaturally rosy keeps.

Hello (Y/N).

You jumped back with a quiet yelp. Your eyes narrowed as you looked at the child. You have an idea of who it was based on what Frisk had told you back home.

"Are you, by any chance, Chara?" You asked.

The child grinned evilly. Smart Girl. Strong too. And a good actor. We both know the truth about your life on the surface. I've seen your memories.

Your face fell. "H-How?"

Chara laughed rashly, flickering from the screen to a spot on the opposite wall.

I like you better than Frisk. I think I want you instead.

Your heart sank. "What the hell do you want Chara? We both know how your story ends. Even if Frisk resets, in the end he'll stop and live life with his friends on the surface. Can you just not try?"

Okay, I won't try to use Frisk as a vessel.

His response put you even more on edges. Your brows furrowed and your eyes narrowed. "Seriously? No fight or nothing?"

Chara laughed. You're stupid. You heard me didn't you? I want you. Not Frisk.

You laughed as harshly as you could. "You can't control me. Not only are we incompatible because I don't belong to this AU but I also would never let you in. I know how to block people out."

You're mistaken (Y/N) because you see, I'm already in.

Suddenly warmth filled your veins and you opened your eyes. You sat on the couch, Frisk sitting in your lap like he had been before and G!Sans at the other end. Your heart was pounding and a cold sweat layered over your skin. You moved the sleeping Frisk onto a couch cushion gently and darted upstairs. You could feel G!Sans eyes follow you as you made a beeline for the bathroom.

You tried not to slam the door behind you. The first thing you did was look in the mirror. To your horror you saw your reflection flickering. Sometimes it was you, looking panicked and defeated. The next moment it was you, but horrifyingly different. Your eyes were red. Blood soaked your clothing and a knife sat loosely in your grip. Insanity made your smile menacing and anything but friendly.

When the image stopped flickering, it scared you almost as much. One of your eyes was a bloody color of ruby, contrasting greatly from your usual tame (E/C).