~Chapter 23~

Anyone waiting for that Reaper!Sans X Reader, it's up. You can find the first part on my page.
________________________________________________
Thunderous applause broke the air. A wide smile was plastered to your face as you walked in clipped steps. You offered a small wave before sitting on the plush chair, angled so your knees were towards Mettaton. He boomed with an enchanted laugh and looked at the star-stricken crowd.

"Is she a beauty folks?!" Mettaton chimed.

Another roar ripped through the room and you blushed. "Thank you Mettaton, but I prefer admiration to my brain rather than the small degree of beauty I possess."

Mettaton gasped, hand over his mouth. "You say you're not beautiful? How humble! I'm surprised you're not spoken for." He teased.

You blushed, turning your gaze down. "Well I am, but that information won't be disclosed."

The crowd shared a gasp and you were ready to shrink away. You cursed Mettaton mentally, growling to yourself. Mettaton, sensing your discomfort, chuckled and revealed a set of neatly shuffled cards.

"Okay beauties, now that introductions are over, let's get this interview on the roll." He chimed. Glancing down at his cards, he announced his first question. "(Y/N), as rumor has it, you are currently housed with the skeleton brothers, Gaster!Sans and Gaster!Papyrus. Would you mind putting it to rest?"

You smiled sweetly. Not wanting the house to be plaques with paparazzi, you went with a dull answer. "No, I don't live with the Skelebros. I have slept over before but I currently don't have a solid home."

Mettaton raised a brow, silently asking you to continue. "I move around you see! I've stayed at the Snowdin Inn, Skelebros' house, the Ruins-"

"The Ruins?" Mettaton asked.

"Yes. The only entrance for humans to fall into the Underground is a ginormous hole in the ruins that borders the Surface. However, it's a one way road. Once you've fallen, you can't get out that way. Your only hope is to break the barrier."

"And how do you plan to break the barrier?" Mettaton pressed.

Your smiled dropped slightly. "Well, I'm currently running an experiment that aims to recreate a human soul artificially. However, in the case that becomes impossible, I've already prepared a backup plan. That plan, however, is classified. Hence why it's plan B not A."

Mettaton nodded. "Okay. That makes sense. While we are on the topic of souls, how about we get to know about yours?" He said, voicing peaking in pitch in a quirky manner.

The crowd cheered and you laughed to yourself. "What do you mean by 'get to know your soul'?" You asked.

Mettaton sat back in his chair and smiled. "Just tell us a bit about it! What color is it? Can it morph? Does it have any abilities?"

You made an 'oh' face, then smiled. "Well Mettaton, my soul is (F/C). No surprise that's also my favorite color. Can it morph? Not that I'm aware of.
Does it have abilities? Yes. My soul produces a surplus of HP when within a certain proximity of monsters, meaning I heal faster and I can also use my soul to transfer HP to damaged ones."

Mettaton gasped and grinned. "Oh that's wonderful! You could help a lot of people!" He mused.

You chortled. "When I was younger, I wanted to be a nurse. I didn't have the money for medical school so I ended up relying on a job in science to help others. That's another reason I'm working to create an artificial soul. It could be used as a sort of transfer if someone's soul becomes too damaged or weak before its time."