Chapter Six

**Edited once. Last edit: June 9, 2015* (by: @xx_wanting_xx ) **

-----------------------------------

~Riley's P.O.V.~

"Once again, nice work Scott's. We're here bringing them in for more questioning." Matt said into the phone.

"Okay, see you after school." I said before hanging up.

"Well Riles we did it again." Joey said smiling at me.

"Indeed we did Joseph." I said smiling back and he frowned.

"Don't call me that." He said.

"Don't call you what?" I asked innocently.

"You know exactly what." he said glaring at me.

"I'm sowwy." I said pouting and he gave me his signature half smile. I knew he always acted like he hated his full name, but in reality I think part of him didn't actuall mind.

"It's fine Riley." He said and I smiled as I pulled up into the parking lot. Joey and I decided to ride together to school instead of taking separate cars just like Emily and Rachel.

"Remember keep watching Jesse, Taylor, Chris, and James and make sure you have your ear pieces." I said when we all met up as a group in the school.

"Oh my gosh!" Rachel squealed randomly.

"What?" Joey asked pulling his fingers out of his ears while I looked around, all alert.

"I didn't tell you!" Rachel squealed. I frowned at her and stopped looking around.

"I thought something was wrong." I said and she mumbled a sorry.

"So... I was walking in the school this morning and this really hot guy walked up to me and asked me on a date!" She said smiling widely.

"Congrats! Did you say yes?" Emily asked.

"Of course I did!" She said with a duh tone while my frown deepened.

"Rachel." Joey started to say with a warning tone but I cut in being completely furious. She knew better.

"This is the biggest mission you have ever been on and you're going on a date?" I whispered harshly.

"Yeah, but-" Rachel started to say but I cut her off.

"You need to cancel the date right away. You know you cannot mix your agent life with your social life." I said giving her a disapproving look.

"Sorry Rachel, but I have to agree with Riles. You don't mix those two together." Joey said frowning.

"You two just don't understand! You have lived this life since you were what? Twelve? Probably even younger then that! I don't even remember Cole saying we can't date on missions." Rachel said getting defensive.

"Well then you have to think back when you signed up for this lifestyle." I said, quoting her words from earlier. "I'm just trying to be a good friend and look out for you before you get freaking brainwashed and lose your job." I said now more hurt than mad. I just shook my head and walked towards class when the bell rang.

"Riles." Joey said running up to me."Are you okay?" He asked.

"I may have lived this life since I was was a kid but I didn't choose to live an agent life at first." I said as we walked down the now empty hallway. Joey gave me a knowing look.

"Her and Em will understand one day. Bye Riles. Talk to you later." Joey said and I said my goodbye and walked into Mr. Green's room.

"You're late. Detention after school, April." Mr Green said not looking up.

"Sorry sir." I said and walked to the back of the Calculus room to my assigned seat next to Jesse. I sighed quietly as he didn't even bother turning away from the window to see me walk in.

"Detention on your second week of highschool. Geez Riles." Matt said in the ear piece and I just rolled my eyes.

"Since I have nothing planned for today beside the worksheet you should have picked up at the beginning of class you will be working with the person next to you on your right and getting to learn stuff about them. I'll pass around the question sheets. Make sure to fill all of them in. " Mr Green announced and I smiled as I realized I finally have a reason to talk to Jesse.

My smile quickly disappeared though as he just turned around and glared at me. He finally makes eye contact with me and it's a cold hearted glare. Wow Riley, you're making great process. I thought to myself sarcastically. I looked at Lilly on my Right and she gave me an apologetic look.

"Here you go Jesse and April." Mr Green said handing us both papers and detention slips. I wonder what he did.

"What did you get a detention for?" I asked speaking my thoughts aloud.

No answer.

"It's fine you don't have to answer. Let's start with the first question. What's your favorite color?"

No answer.

"What's your favorite animal?" I said trying again.

No answer.

"We can skip those and come back to them. What's your favorite band and type of music?"

No answer. I sighed. This isn't working out well. He just keep looking either out the window or at the board with a blank stare. I didn't know how long I could do this fake attitude. His lack of response was starting to irritate me now.

"Twenty-five minutes left. Remember this is thirty points." Mr Green said, sitting down at his desk.

"Okay, listen here mister Jesse Farone. Everyone may bow down at your feet and avoid you in the halls because you're suppose to be some scary bad arse, but I'm telling you now I'm not going to do that." I snapped. He looked at me and smirked, a smirk. He showed another emotion other than glaring or being blank.

"You talk a lot." His gruff voice said, then his smirk disappeared and he looked back at the board blankly.

"You s-spoke." I stuttered amazed and the whole class seemed to be looking at us now also.

"Class, back to work." Mr. Green said looking surprised too. After a few minutes, everyone turned back around but I was still just staring at Jesse.

"Staring is rude." He snapped not turning his face from the board.

"So is not speaking when you are asked a question." I said snapping back.

"Being late. Black. A dog. My Chemical Romance and anything but pop." He said, well more like grunted.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Your answers to the questions. I was late so I got the detention. My favorite color is black and my favorite band is My Chemical Romance. My favorite type of music is anything but pop." He responded and I sat there dumbfounded. He spoke more than 5 words. The bell rang and he quickly stormed out of the classroom without looking back.

"I bet you, he only talked to her because she shoved her chest in his face." One girl whispered to her friend while walking in front of me.

"Maybe I should get surgery on mine so he'll notice me." The friend said and I snorted but quickly covered it with a cough when they looked back. The things girls do to be noticed.

------------------------