Chapter Ten

~Joseph's P.O.V.~

Telling Riley that Calum wasn't in the back seat anymore while she was driving was probably one of the worst mistakes I could make. Right now we are both sitting in the car while someone is pounding on Riley's window with their fists due to that fact that she just hit their car.

"Just rolls down your window Riley." I said and she glared at me.

"It took you almost an hour and a half to notice he wasn't in the back seat anymore!" She asked me furiously.

"Hey! Don't put this all on me! I thought he couldn't get out due to the fact that you were supposed to put child's lock on his door!" I said glaring back.

"Oh so now this is my fault," Riley asked me looking at me with a surprise, amazed look but none the less still looking angry.

"No, I'm not saying that. It was Both of our responsibilities to watch out for him. I mean obviously he had to of learned something while being in the gang." I said and she nodded less mad. But then her eyes widened.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked panicking at we worried face.

"Joseph Maxwell.We are both idiots." She said looking like she could break something as she held on to the steering wheel tighter.

"I know. Are you seriously just now realizing this?" I asked confused. I mean we just argued for a good five minutes about how stupid we both were for letting him get away.

"No, Joseph. You don't understand! We told this kid our names." She said slowly like she was about to have a breakdown and my eyes widened at the realization.

"Please tell me you just didn't say what I think you just said," I asked closing my eyes tightly.

"Joseph. If we don't get our arse's back and find him were gonna be in so much trouble." Riles said panicking and I nodded in agreement.

"But what are we gonna do about this?" I asked pointing out of the window and she looked out her mouth making an 'O' shape as if she is just now acknowledging the fact that there's an angry lady standing outside the car with her hands on her hips and police officers coming our way with handcuffs in their hands. She unbuckled her seatbelt about to get out of the car, but I quickly stopped her by grabbing her hand.

"Oh no you don't. What do you think you're doing?" I asked her still holding her smooth hand.

"I'm going to show these guys our badges and tell them we are undercover and we were in the middle of a case trying to catch a guy," She said pulling we hand out of mine as she opened the door. She looked back at me as she was about to shut it. "You may want to grab the weapons out of the truck before that good catches on fire." She said pointing to the smoking hood and I nodded my eyes widening and she shut the door and walked towards the police officers swaying her hips.

My eyes followed her moments and how she flipped her long beautiful brown hair over her shoulder as she talked to the cop. I realized I should really get the bags and took out the keys from the ignition and got out heading towards the trunk. I stuck the key in the hole and turned it waiting till I heard the click.

Click

I pushed it open and grabbed Riley's bag and mine before grabbing the bag full of weapons. I put the bag of weapons of my shoulder and held the other two bags in my hands. I looked back to Riley to find her throwing her hands up in the air looking furious at the cop who looked like he was about to take out his handcuffs again to arrest her.

I quickly set the bags away from the car and jogged over to her.

"Bloody hell! You can't arrest me. I am not doing anything wrong!" She yelled.