Chapter Nine

~Riley's P.O.V.~

"Calum, we promise we will help you. You just need to tell us about your gang." Joseph said and I nodded in agreement.

"I still don't know what you're talking about! Now can you take me home." He stated. No not asked he stated, demanded what ever you would like to call it. I frowned due to my irritation at Calum.

"Listen, Calum, we are just trying to help you so don't sit in this car and demand things. Now read this badge and you can chose to believe us or not, but we will get the information we need even if we have to sit here all day." I said locking the car doors.

"I guess we'll be sitting here for a while then." He said putting his feet up and I groaned and leaned my head on the steering wheel. Right now we were parked in an old abandoned store parking lot trying to get Mr. Calum here to talk.

"Riley." Joey said pointing outside of the car with his thumb and I nodded taking the car keys out of the ignition. Yeah, I'm not stupid I remember the basics. We got out of the car and shut the doors locking them when we were both officially out.

"This kid is impossible." Joey said with a scowl.

"We don't have time for this. I'm calling Matt." I said taking out my phone.

"What are you going to say?" He asked an I held up a finger and put Matt on speaker

"Hello." He said.

"Matthew, this child will not talk." I said letting my frustration slip into my voice.

"Did you tell him you were agents?" Matt asked and Joey rolled his eyes.

"Of course we did! He just doesn't want to say a word to us." Joey said and I looked over at the car to see Calum sitting there with his feet on the other two seats and his hands behind his head. I unlocked the door and opened it as Joey continued to talk to Matt. Calum fell back on to the seat and I stood there with an emotionless face.

"This car is not your bedroom." I said glaring at him and he smirked.

"So? If you want me and you can use the car. Just drop off that Jamie guy." Calum said nodding towards Joseph and I sneered.

"Man, I would back off." Joey said stepping forward. I could hear Matt still speaking on the phone but no was listening to him.

"Sorry Bro. I didn't know she was your girl." Calum said and I glared at him.

"I'm not his girl." I said emphasizing on the word his. "You need to learn your place Kayto." I seen Joey frown for a moment before he was back to glaring at Calum. What happened next made me want to flip. This kid had the nerve, he had the nerve to smirk at me.

I quickly had Calum pinned down on the ground in a matter of seconds with his face kissing the ground.

"You don't know who the hell you are messing with kid." I snapped and he struggled trying to get out from under me.

"Yeah, I'll make sure. All right, bye." Joey said into the phone as he was watch our little scene.

"Handcuffs Joseph." I said and he was about to complain about the use of his full name once again, but quickly stopped when he seen me glaring at him. He tossed me the handcuffs and I quickly clicked them on the kids wrists and made sure to tighten them. I didn't trust Calum. Not one bit. He was just like the rest of them. That gang corrupted him.

"So what did Matt say?" I asked standing up. Calum rolled over the second I was off of him and started to talk but I quickly shut him up by pressing a pressure point on his neck making him pass out.

"He said to not hurt the so called poor kid because he is going through a hard time and to be on easy on him. He told me not to hesitate to call him if we need anything. " Joseph said helping me drag the kids body to the back seat. We both successfully put him in there, shutting the door after of course using child lock on the door.

"Joey." I said frowning slightly.

"Yeah Riles?" He asked looking at me after we both buckled our seatbelts.

"I don't think this kid was forced to join this gang." I said my frown deepening.

"I don't think he was either but even if he wasn't we need to help him get past the bump in the road, no matter how long it takes." Joseph said and I smiled at him.

"No matter how long it takes." I repeated agreeing.

"Joey, I don't know what I would do without you." I said leaning over as far as I could with the seatbelt on and hugging him. He hugged me back and whispered.

"I don't know what I would do without you either Riles. You're my rock in my life. You hold me together." He said sadly and my eyes started to tear up but I looked up blinking to make them go away. I won't cry, I must stay strong.

"I love you like a brother Joey." I said smiling still. At first he didn't respond for a few moments but he pulled away and looked into my eyes and said,

"I love you too Riley."

"Okay enough with all this mushy stuff. We're secrets agents not two people from some reality show." Joey said causing me to laugh.

"But this is always the best part." I said jokingly and he laughed.

"Hey um Riley?" Joey said nervously about a hour later after we were already on the highway.

"Yeah?" I asked keeping my eyes on the road. My eyebrows furrowed a little when I noticed that Joey was nervous. What does he have to be nervous about?

"Erm... we probably should've checked on Calum before we left..." Joey said so slowly trailing off and my eyes narrowed a little as I looked at him from the corner of my eye.

'Why?" I asked trying to not let my anger show as I was thinking the worst.

"Calum isn't in the back seat anymore." Joseph said.