A church pt. 2

Finally the carriage stopped near the church. I took a look outside the window and was a little shocked. The church was very, very small. It was about the size of a regular house, maybe just a little bit bigger. I looked around and saw tons of people heading inside the church with their families.

I opened up the envelope and read the directions.

~

Rachel,

Here's what you need to know:

You are visiting a church today. You will be visiting this church every service possible. As you are visiting, I want you to get as much information about this church as you can. People say there is always a calming presence inside the building, but nobody knows why. Some people say there is a portal to heaven inside the church, others say it's because the pastor is very kind hearted. Talk to the members of the church, and especially visit the basement, attic, office, and main chapel before or after services. Be super discreet while doing this. If anyone thinks that you are being suspicious, reply with something like, "I am thinking about being a member of this church."

I haven't figured out yet whether or not you will become a member of the church. If you did, you wouldn't have to stay there or anything like that. It's more like setting up the church for service and taking it down. That would give you time to go into the rooms and investigate more.

If you find anything, tell me about it. If it's an object that would be unnoticeable if it was gone, then take the object with you.

Do not associate with the Phantomhives or the Trancys.

Remember, do not fail me.

~

The folded the directions back up. They really weren't even directions, it was more like "here's what you're supposed to do. Now, do it." I like how I get to choose what to do though.

I readjusted the pocket knife in my corset so it wouldn't stab my boobs while I was moving. I look one more look at my dress making sure there weren't any imperfections, and got out of the carriage.

I looked at the small church, and then at the crowd coming into the building. There was no way that that many people could fit inside. There must be something that I am missing.

Another carriage pulled up behind mine. My eyes went wide. It belonged to Ciel Phantomhive.

I hurried into the church and was puzzled by the slow moving line that was leading to a lower level. Does everyone worship in the basement? What kind of church is this? Is this a cult? What the fuck?

As I was going down the spiral stairs a man tapped on my shoulder from behind me, "Excuse me miss!"

I was going to panic at first, but realized it wasn't Sebastian or Ciel. It was just a person I didn't know.

"Yes, may I help you?" I asked turning to the man.

"Is this your first time here?"

I grinned and gave a playful laugh, "How did you know? I heard about this church being wonderful so I decided to give it a try."

The man raised an eyebrow, "All by yourself?"

I nodded, "Yes.. I have an ex husband. He doesn't go to church, though I do have to be careful any time because he tends to follow me around places."

The man frowned, "Oh that's awful! I'm so sorry about your ex husband. Anyways, welcome to our church! If you have any questions, just let me know! I've been here for a very long time. I was here right when this church had formed!"

"At the beginning? How did this church start?" I asked. I could get some useful information here.

"The church started with five people including myself. We wanted to spread the word, so we started a church in the pastor's house, which is this very house. Over time, more and more people came, so we made a large room in the basement to worship in."

I smiled, "That is so nice! I can't wait to see it!"

The man gave a little laugh, "We're just about there! I know there's a lot of stairs, but what can ya do."

We both finally reached the bottom of the staircase, and my eyes widened.

~3rd Person POV - Back when Rachel got out of the carriage~

Ciel and Sebastian had just arrived at the church. They both remained quiet the entire time, until the carriage came to a stop. Ciel peeked out the window and his eyes widened.

"What's wrong, my lord?" Sebastian asked looking out the window as well.

They both saw Rachel walking out of the carriage. She took one short look at our carriage before hurrying inside. They both couldn't help but to wonder why she ran away.

"Sebastian. Lets go." Ciel said.

Sebastian got out of the carriage and helped Ciel get out. They both hustled into the small house trying to get to Rachel. They got to the staircase, and Rachel was four steps down.

"Sebastian, this is an order. I want you to get Rachel as soon as possible." Ciel ordered.

Sebastian gave a little bow, "Yes, my lord."

Unfortunately, Sebastian wasn't able to squeeze past the crowd and get to Rachel, so he had to wait for another opportunity later on.

~Rachel's POV~

I gasped when I saw the room. It was huge! The room was like any other worship room. There were at least 50 rows of pews and at the front was a large cross with the usual table in front with some holy stuff.

"You can sit by me, if you would like." The man suggested.

I simply nodded with a smile. He gently grabbed my hand and led me to the middle row. We sat down on the end closest to the aisle, since that was one of the few remaining spots left. I looked behind me to see if I could see Ciel or Sebastian, but there were too many people for me to see him.

After about ten more minutes, the lights dimmed, and church had started. The pastor came down the aisle, and up onto the stage.

"Everyone," The pastor commanded with a super deep voice, "Please rise and take out your hymn book. We are going to sing page 240."

I turned to the man, who already has his book out. He turned to me noticing that I don't have a book, "That's right! Your a new comer! If you decide to join, then you'll get a hymn book. You can borrow mine for now."

I smiled, "Are you sure? Won't you need one?"

He chuckled, "I've been in this church for many years. I know all the songs by heart."

I nodded, and took the book.

***

Singing was the worst thing of my life. I remember my mom used to take us to church, and we would have to sing, but I never did. It sounded weird singing. It also was really weird to me when I had to read from the bible or when I had to pray. Don't ask me why, but it just is. Now that I know I am not human, it makes a little more sense.

After reading  and singing some more service was finally over. The man turned to me with a smile, "So! What did you think?"

I grinned and sounded extremely excited, even though I wasn't, "It was awesome! I will definitely be coming back next Sunday!"

"Good! A pretty young woman like yourself should! Would you like to become a member?" he asked.

"I need to think about it, but I'm pretty sure I will." I responded.

The man smiled, "Ok! Oh! By the way! My name is Matthew Harrison."

"My name is Rachel. Nice to meet you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another chapter! Have a great morning/evening/night!~

~Anime_is_my_lyfe