3

Annalise tried to settle into the new guest room she would be using as her own for a while. It was getting dark as she sat down on the bed. Clothes...one thing she didn't have. Not even pajamas. She didn't know what to do but sleep in the clothes that Alice had gotten for her at the hospital. Just as she went to get into bed there was a knock on the door. Surprised that someone would knock when it was getting late she walked over to the door and opened it to see one of the guys staring her down. 'Talk about awkward' she thought to herself as she looked at him, she was pretty sure he was Edward.

"Alice told me to give you these, she doesn't wear them anymore." Edward says handing me a large cardboard box.

"Oh thanks, Edward right?" Annalise questioned him as she took the box from him and went and placed it on her bed.

"Yeah, I'm Edward. You really don't remember anything even after two months?" Edward asked her still standing at her doorway.

"Not a thing, trust me I have tried every memory exercise you could think of. For some reason it doesn't work and I just look helpless. Sorry to impose on you and your family." Annalise told him sincerely. 

"I don't think your imposing. Carlisle invited you so I think he is happy you accepted." Edward said with a shrug but still watched her like a hawk.

Annalise felt a bit awkward do decided to put away the clothes that Alice had asked Edward to give her. At least in this way she had a distraction and an excuse not to stare right back at him. Edward seemed nice but just like Carlisle each of them seemed to perfect. Just as she opened the first drawer there was a loud noise from outside. Edward seemed to have heard it too and went to her window and she followed right behind him. Looking outside she did see something in the distance but wasn't sure what or perhaps who it was.

"Probably just some wolves, try and get some sleep." Edward told Annalise as he turned from the window and left her bewildered in her room.

"Wolves? I doubt that but then again we are in the woods. Whatever, I just want to get some rest." Annalise told herself as she got changed into a camisole and pajama bottoms and slipped into bed.

Finally she could just sleep and not really worry about people monitoring her. Closing her eyes she drifted off into a deep sleep. The nightmare didn't come for the first half of her sleep. All the sudden there was a loud noise that awoke Annalise from her dream. Sitting up she turned on her bedside lamp and looked around her room. Nothing seemed to be there but her curious nature had her get out of bed. Walking to her door she noticed there was a light coming from behind it. Opening it cautiously she looked to see the lights were all on in the house. Deciding to investigate she walked downstairs to find no one. Turning to the balcony outside she opened the door but still didn't see anything nor hear anything at all.

"I must be loosing my mind. Everyone is probably in bed and maybe on of them is scared of the dark?" Annalise told herself trying to rationalize what she had seen.

Warming herself she turned to walk back inside on the to see her path blocked by what looked to be a teenager with red eyes. Red eyes for some reason she thought that would bring back a memory and to an extent it did. When the teen attacked her to her own surprise Annalise managed to evade the attack and even bring it to the ground within a matter of just four moves.

"How the heck did I do that?" Annalise questioned herself as she looked down at the growling teen.

Annalise heard footsteps again and she looked up to see the face of an amazed Carlisle looking down at her. Not knowing what else to do she kept still as he went up to her and put his hand on her arms. Carlisle's touch was ice cold though. That shocked her back to the here and now. Blinking she looked to Carlisle confused. However there wasn't time for an explanation.

"More from the west!" Annalise heard what sounded list Emmet call out, she had heard him call out something earlier in the day and remembered his voice.

"More what?!" Annalise questioned Carlisle.

"That will be a difficult question to answer." Carlisle said calmly.

The rest of the family returned to the porch but by now Carlisle had the teen in hand and Annalise just looked confused at the family. What in the world was happening to her and what had she just gotten herself into? This is probably why you shouldn't trust anyone in this world.

"She's scared, confused and trying to stay calm." Jasper whispered to Carlisle.

"Annalise, come inside and we will-"Carlisle started but Annalise was already fainting right into Carlisle's arms. "Well that didn't go as planned."

Alice put her hand on Annalise's head and made sure she could still see Annalise's future. Carlisle began to listen to Edward as he tried to listen to her thoughts but everything in Annalise was silent at the moment. Apparently this was too much shock for her system to hand and her body decided to shut down.

"Carlisle when you came back and saw Annalise what was she doing?" Edward questioned Carlisle getting an odd stare from everyone in return.

"She was shocked and confused just like now but she was able to take down a new born. I don't think she knew who or what it was but still when I cam back she had him on the ground." Carlisle told the family as they now looked stunned.

"She took out a new born? On her own?" Jasper questioned having had experience with newborns himself and knowing it took a strong vampire to take one down alone.

"Yes, I came and was able to take him from her. He's the one Emmet is holding onto now." Carlisle said and pointed to the new born.

"Well, there must be more to miss Annalise then meets the eye." Rosalie said looking down at Annalise who rested in Carlisle's arms. "Something we will need to figure out."