15

Annalise hated to use her powers on Garrett but she knew he wouldn't tell her if she didn't. After she recited her words Garrett began to speak. His story was about Annalise and him as a couple back in the Revolutionary war times. They were a secret couple since Annalise's father William did not approve of Garrett. Not that Garrett blamed him but the man wouldn't even give him the time of day. Still that didn't keep Annalise and Garrett away from one another. Garrett described their late night meetings in ways that made Annalise blush and her eyes widen. Lucky for them the Cullen's had decided this conversation would be one just for their ears only and left to go hunting.

"I left for the war, please believe me when I say I wanted to return to you. I loved you more than anything but I couldn't abandon my people. Then I was attacked, turned against my will. Not knowing what to do I returned home only to attack you because your smell, god it just made me want you even more yet you acted as if you didn't know me at all. You even fought me but then when you looked into my eyes you couldn't kill me. So you just left...and I let you go." Garrett admitted and Annalise took in a deep breath releasing her hold on him.

Did that help Annalise's memory, definitely. As Garrett told her about their past it was a like a movie played in her head of the events that he just told her. A part of Annalise wanted to break down and cry because even though Garrett only told her what he remembered she remember something more. The secret that Katrina said no one knew. Swallowing hard she stood up and was about to walk away from Garrett when he grabbed her arm and spun her around to look at him.

"You remember more don't you? Annalise tell me what you remember?" Garrett asked almost in a forceful tone.

"I remember something I can never tell you, for not only your safety." Annalise told him, her words being completely cryptic and not willing to help him understand.

"You need to tell me, why didn't you remember me? I think I deserve to know." Garrett says as he walks closer to Annalise but her defense doesn't falter.

"You don't deserve anything from me, you abandoned me!" Annalise yelled at the top of her lungs. "You joined because you were a coward don't give me the defense that you went to help your brothers fighting in the war! I know the truth!"

The Cullen's had just managed to get home right at the time Annalise finished her last sentence. Carlisle walked inside and saw Garret was standing in shock looking at Annalise as if she had just slapped him in the face which really wouldn't have shocked him if she did, Garrett probably would have deserved it.

"What are you talking about woman? I went to war and you know it." Garrett stated as if he was trying to calm her down.

"You were running just admit it. You weren't man enough to stay with me because my father wanted to force you to marry me!" Annalise said as Carlisle saw the tears overflow in her eyes.

"Annalise? What's the matter?" Carlisle asked as he walked up to her and she turned to him and he could see the tears in her eyes. "Tell me what you remember? Why don't you think Garrett stayed what was his reasoning?"

Jasper and Edward came to Garrett side and stared him down as Alice and Rosalie went to Annalise's side. Not sure what was going to happen or even know what answer Annalise was going to give everyone was on edge.

"It's true, her father did want me to marry her and was about to force me to do so but he never told me why. I enlisted that very next day. There is that what you wanted to hear Annalise?!" Garrett growled at her but all that did was make the tears flow from Annalise's eyes.

"You really are a self fish jerk aren't you Garrett?" Rosalie asked in more of a growling tone.

"Annalise if you let me see your past maybe that can help you a little?" Alice questioned as she offered what help she could to Annalise.

Annalise stared at Alice for a second and then nodded in agreement. Maybe this way some of the burden was off her and she knew that if she told Alice not to tell anyone that she wouldn't. Alice put her hand on Annalise's forearm and began to search through her past. After a few minutes Alice looked up at Annalise and you could see the compassion for her in Alice's eyes.

"Don't tell anyone please I beg you." Annalise pleaded with her friend.

Alice nodded as she pulled Annalise into a hug. Now this just made Garrett and the other men in the room even more curious to know what was going on. What had Alice seen to make her have that reaction. Pulling away from the hug Alice turned to Garrett and glared daggers at him. Usually not something that Alice would do.

"You don't realize when you left her that was the biggest mistake of your life." Alice said as she put her hands on Annalise's shoulders and led her away from the group.

Rosalie followed Alice and Annalise while Carlisle stared Garrett down. Never before had he seen Garrett hurt someone like he did to Annalise and he didn't even know the events that happened. Only Alice and Annalise knew. Still Carlisle could feel the anger growing inside of him.

"I think it's better if you go hunt right now Garrett, before something else bad happens." Jasper said being the voice of reason in this situation.

Not having to be told twice Garrett left the Cullen house to hunt.

"You think he will even come back?" Emmett questioned the group of me.

"He's too stupid not to, he'll be back and we will figure out what he did to Annalise then find a punishment for it." Edward said speaking up now.

"If there is a punishment fit for it." Carlisle said as he turned and looked to the door that Garrett just left from.