6

Annalise was still confused about the whole vampire situation but to her surprise there was a bit of calmness going on her mind. As each of the Cullen family explained to her that they had powers she felt she was in some kind of dream or maybe even a fantasy. Still if that were true that meant she could wake up from all of this and lets just say that wasn't happening.

It was late at night and Annalise couldn't sleep no matter how hard she tried. Sitting up in bed she decided that she would go downstairs and get something to drink. Maybe at least that would ease her mind. Walking downstairs she noticed it was pretty silent tonight, like most nights. The kitchen was easy to access so she walked in and right up the fridge grabbing a bottle of water and taking a small drink of it. Just after that she had the sense that someone was watching her. Turning to her right she closed the fridge door and saw someone was in fact staring her down.

"Carlisle..." Annalise mumbled his name for help hoping that somehow he would hear her.

The thing with red eyes stared her down and smiled at her with an evil smile. That just made things go from bad to worse. She felt herself start to panic when the thing put it's hand on the glass of the door. Thinking was something she was doing but no matter what options her head gave her Annalise's body wouldn't move. Just as the glass was starting to break and come right at her she felt strong arms grab her and pull her out of the way. Fear was now becoming her closest friend and not for a good reason either.

"Annalise?" Carlisle questioned looking down at her as if she were a china doll.

Annalise looked up to Carlisle and was relieved to see it was him. Thank god somehow he was able to hear her and come to the rescue. Looking behind him Annalise saw the figure or whatever it was now was gone. Turning her attention back to Carlisle her eyes got caught up in his own. Annalise felt all of her fear and anxiety disappear from her body and before she knew what she was doing she felt their lips come together.

Normally, Annalise would do nothing like she was doing right now. Carlisle was close to her yes she could admit that but close enough to kiss? That wasn't stopping her though, she even felt him lean into their kiss and she probably would have continued if the kitchen lights hadn't turned on and they quickly separated from one another.

"What happened here?" Rosalie asked looking at the glass everywhere in the kitchen.

"Annalise was about to be attacked, I heard her call for me and I managed to save her." Carlisle says as he stands up and helps Annalise up as well.

Sighing Annalise felt a bit embarrassed then they all heard the door bell ring. Talk about odd timing. Who in the world would be there at 3 am? Carlisle walked over to the door as the others including Annalise followed him into the living room. Annalise could only hear a few words exchanged as Carlisle answered the door.

"Believe me Cullen we want nothing to do with your kind but you have one of ours." Annalise could hear an angry female voice from the other side of the door.

"You're going to have to explain a bit more than that. I really don't know what you are talking about." Carlisle informs the woman.

"Annalise, she isn't one of your kind. She's one of ours. If you are as smart as other people think you are well you will just hand her over." the woman says pushing past Carlisle and into the house without any permission at all and looks right at me. "Annalise VanDraft, took us forever to track you down."

Standing confused Annalise didn't know what to say but she knew that just by the way this woman was looking at her was that she was in deep trouble but she didn't know why. The woman went to Annalise and grabbed her trying to take her forcefully from the house but all of the Cullen family circled the women.

"She's a hunter you idiots, an immortal one at that. You really want her living in your house?" the woman questioned the family.

"Annalise has lost her memory-"Carlisle starts only to be interrupted by the woman again.

"I know, I was the only who was to have her eliminated. After all she sided with your kind after all these years and she was going to cause nothing but trouble. All this was just a waste of time because now she has to die. Memories gone or not." the woman says taking out a knife and putting it to Annalise's neck.

Die?! Why in the world would that have to happen?! Annalise struggled against the woman but knew she couldn't do much or else she would bleed and the other vampires in the room might go a bit crazy for her blood. The woman held the knife as close as possible and the Cullen family was now on edge not sure what else the crazy woman would do.

"Release her, she isn't under your orders or code anymore. She can't remember anything so she is no harm to your kind or ours." Jasper says speaking up.

"Really? I bet her training is still lodged deep in her mind. That's one thing I doubt she could forget." the woman says about to make a move but Jasper stops her and Carlisle pulls Annalise out of the woman's grasp.

"Get. Out." Jasper states in all dead seriousness. "Or I will kill you myself."

Alice went to Annalise's side to show some comfort but the only thing Annalise felt was fear and even guilt now. Was it true? Was she really a hunter and killed vampires just like the crazy woman before them? The woman didn't say a word but nodded as she went to the door.

"If I don't kill her others will come and try. There is a way to kill an immortal like her, hope you figure it out before the others catch up to her." the woman says with a sinister grin as she walks out of the house.

"She's a hunter...yet we're protecting her?!" Rosalie states in pure anger.

"She didn't know. Really Rose she doesn't remember a thing." Alice says coming to Annalise's defense.

Jasper then walks over to us. Annalise turns away from him afraid that for some reason he is mad at her along with Carlisle. Then she felt a cold hand on her cheek. Looking to the owner she smiled as she saw it was Carlisle who also happened to have a small and reassuring smile on his face.

"You're safe here. I swear. You are not a hunter anymore remember that Annalise." Carlisle says offering up a small hint of courage.