14

Later that night Garrett saw that Edward was still obsessing over the human girl. Deciding it would be better to have a man to man talk with him rather than Annalise decide to kick his butt Garrett made his way to Edward who sat at the piano frustrated. Most men in his position would, well by men he meant vampires especially if he thought this Bella was his mate.

"What do you want?" Edward hissed at Garrett who just stared him down.

"Believe it or not I do know what it's like to feel the feelings you are feeling for that woman. Well in my human life that is. Once I became a vampire well lets not even go there." Garrett said as he leaned against the piano.

Edward rolled his eyes highly doubting Garrett had any idea how he felt. Even in his human life. When he was around Bella there was something inside of him that just stirred him all up. He couldn't control himself half the time. Garrett sighed as he decided to tell him something about himself he didn't tell anyone else.

"That secret Katrina was talking about, the one about Annalise and I. That happened when I was human. When she saw I was a vampire though she didn't want anything to do with me. I am guessing this was before her brother died."Garrett told Edward who just looked confused.

"What happened between you and Annalise when you were human? You sort of skipped that part." Edward told Garrett which made him look around to make sure Annalise wasn't around.

"We were I guess sort of a couple well along those lines at least. Then I went to war and was changed and when I came back I sort of attacked her but she acted like she didn't even know me. Talk about wounding my heart." Garrett confessed his past with Annalise to Edward who listened.

Apparently Annalise in that time was the daughter of a Reverend and she and Garrett were together against his well. Something that apparently wasn't that uncommon in that time. Usually he said that the fathers would decide which families their daughters would be married off to. Lucky for Annalise's father that Garrett was sent out to war but that didn't stop them from uh being together. Really Edward didn't picture Annalise as that type but apparently that was how she was at least back then.

"Why haven't you told her?" Edward questioned Garrett as he finished his story.

"Pride I guess, since she can't remember me herself. Maybe it's better that I stay forgotten." Garrett replied with a sigh.

"I don't think kissing her in the drive way is exactly the best way to stay out of her path. Surprised me that she didn't punch you in the face for that." Edward said as he stood up. "Then again maybe you aren't man enough to take Annalise for your own and protect her or heaven forbid even love her."

Garrett let out a growl as he looked at Edward with anger in his eyes. Unfortunately he knew a bit of what Edward was saying was true. He should have taken Annalise with him all those years ago but when she acted like she didn't even know him that was too much for him to bare.

"Maybe before you go giving others advice on women you should think about getting your own love life right first, if not I wouldn't be surprised if Carlisle stole her away from you. He has something you don't" Edward stated as both he and Garrett looked over to see Annalise in the kitchen with Carlisle talking and a smile upon her face.

"What would that be?" Garrett managed to ask without barking out.

"Stability. He has a home, a family even a job. What do you have?" Edward asked as he walked off and joined Annalise and Carlisle in their conversation.

Garrett tried to look away but happened to catch Annalise staring right back at him. Was it true what Edward said? Would Annalise prefer the life Carlisle could give her? What did he have to offer her? Garrett was a wanderer that was something everyone knew. Just as he began to wonder about his ability to take care of Annalise or even provide for her she came over to him.

"What's got you looking so gloom?" Annalise questioned as she put her hand on his arm trying to show some comfort.

"Do you really not remember me?" Garrett questioned Annalise.

Annalise was shocked because she though she saw the look of fear of Garrett's face but she didn't understand why and then he asked her this question. What had Edward said that scared Garrett to death? He looked like he was about to make a run for it as well that is why she touched his arm to try and calm him down. He wasn't going anywhere as long as she was here. Annalise tried to search her memory but the only one that came up was the one where she fought with him. Was there something else to remember about him and her? Judging by the look on his face there was and it was important. Knowing he wouldn't tell her willingly Annalise decided to use her powers once again. She needed to know what he remember about her.

Annalise took Garrett to the couch and made him sit down. Knowing she could pass out from using her powers she sat down beside him but turned to face him. Putting both her hands on either side of his head she looked right into Garrett's eyes. The deeper she could look into his eyes the stronger her power was she found that out with the principal. Making sure he kept looking at her Annalise began to speak to him.

"Garrett I need you to tell me anything and everything you remember about me. Nothing is insignificant or useless that you remember I want to you to tell me every memory you have of me inside that head of yours." Annalise said using her powers and praying she would be able to understand and remember what Garrett was about to tell her.