8

The next morning, everyone was at school or in Carlisle's at work. That meant that Annalise was home alone well not really Garrett apparently planned to stay as well but everything in her body told her to stay away from that vampire like he was forbidden. Looking out the window from upstairs Annalise stared into the wilderness of the woods. Her senses were all on alert trying to sense if anything was coming. Deep in the woods she could sense something she wasn't sure what it was but as she closed her eyes it was as if she was transported to where she was sensing the action. There looked to be a fight going on. A man dressed in all black was fighting another person who was moving too fast to make out who it was. It didn't look like the second guy had much of a chance as he was thrown into a tree. Only then did Annalise see his face, it was Garrett.

"Garrett" Annalise said as she opened her eyes and looked around the house hoping it was just another bad day dream that she was having, but she couldn't find him anywhere. "Stupid vampire!"

Annalise didn't have time to think but her body decided to re act and she ran out the back door into the forest. Heck she really didn't even know where in the forest those two were fighting but she was running as fast as she could when all the sudden she hear a loud thud to her right. Following the noise she found the two men. The first one who seemed to have a little too much power was holding Garrett against a tree by his neck a position she remembered herself in with Garrett a long time ago.

"Your death will be perfect, no longer will you feast on the blood of humans. Any last words vampire?" the man asked Garrett his grip getting tighter and tighter on Garrett's neck.

"None that would make a difference to you." Garrett replied maybe resigning to the fact that he might die, well we can't let that happen can we?

Before the man could tighten his grip anymore Annalise grabbed the man by his shoulder and pulled him off of Garrett and kicked him to the ground. Apparently kicking was something Annalise liked to do and was her favorite go to move when she could use it. Standing clearly before Garrett it was easy for the other man to tell which side she was on. Standing the man just brushed off his coat as he looked Annalise over.

"So the rumors are true, you had the nerve to switch sides just because of your stupid brother." the man asked with a scowl. "Then I guess I'll have to kill you too Annalise, don't worry though I promise it will only hurt for a moment."

"What makes you think you'll get out of the woods alive?" Annalise questioned as she sensed other vampires coming closer, no doubt the Cullen family.

After all Alice could see into Annalise's future and Edward could read her mind. Pretty safe to say they knew what was going on and was on their way to come and help Annalise and Garrett. The man stared Annalise down and was about to try and tackle her down when Garrett came and stood beside her. Why Garrett felt the need to act as her protector Annalise didn't know but in this case she was glad he was there.

"You haven't seen the last of us Annalise, you can't turn your back on all of us just because of one little mistake." the man said as he turned to leave but at the last minute decided to take out a hidden weapon and attack Annalise with it.

It all happened so fast that Annalise didn't have time to react, she all the sudden felt a cold foreign feeling in her stomach. Garrett however moved forward and killed the man right before her in just a matter of seconds. Looking down Annalise saw a dagger in her stomach. Putting her hand on the blade she pulled out the dagger and fell to her knees. Fear coursed through her body as she turned to saw Garrett come to her side. 'Who'd have thought the smart ass vampire would be the one to be here with me when I die?' Annalise questioned herself.

"Don't worry, Carlisle is close he can fix you up." Garrett said trying to reassure Annalise. "Come on, you are immortal don't you heal yourself or something?"

Annalise didn't answer but fell into Garrett arms and closed her eyes. Garrett panicked as he looked around trying to find Carlisle. Looking down to Annalise he saw her eyes were closed and he picked her up holding her body close to him. He knew Carlisle wouldn't forgive him if anything happened to her but that man attacked her out of nowhere.

"Garrett? What in the world happened?" Carlisle questioned as he and the other Cullen's arrived at the spot and looked at Garrett questioning why Annalise was in his arms.

"A man, another hunter he attacked her but he's dead now...I think I don't know how to kill them but he stabbed her and now I don't know what to do!" Garrett said with a panicked tone as he looked down to Annalise's body in his arms.

"You need to calm down, she isn't dead, she needs to rest to allow her body to heal." Alice said coming forward and putting her hand on Annalise's head. "She saved you didn't she? Maybe now you won't question her loyalty."

Carlisle began to talk to Garrett to find out what all happened as they walked back into the house. Garrett and Carlisle to her to the medical clinic portion of the house and laid her down to allow her body to rest. Carlisle looked to Annalise's injury as Garrett continued to explain. He could tell that Annalise was stabbed but her wound was slowly starting to heal on it's own. Wrapping a a bandage around her waist her realized that somehow even Garrett was able to control his taste for blood around Annalise.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Garrett questioned Carlisle.

"You didn't attack her, even though she was bleeding you avoided wanting her blood." Carlisle told Garrett who shrugged unsure of what to say.

"Her blood doesn't appeal to me. She's just a hunter." Garrett says trying to shrug it off.

"Liar, you even said you knew her before. Is there some reason she would want to save you?" he asked now wondering even more about Annalise and Garrett's past together.

"Don't go thinking like that, she was a hunter, I am a vampire we didn't exactly see eye to eye. I don't know why she would save me but she did and I owe her for that." Garrett said as he walked out of the room.