Chapter 9

"Why aren't we at a club instead? Pub is boring!" Jessica folds her arms whining.

"Come on, I got this coupon of free drinks from Krystal."

"When did she give it to you?"

"Some other day when you're sleeping and ignoring her texts, as usual?"

"Fine. But let's pray we won't see Siwon here. We met him outside the bar the other time remember?" Jessica looked around, covering her face with her hands as they walk in the bar.

"Yea, your favourite Siwon."

"Urgh Tiff!!!"

"Nice ambience." Yoona compliment the place.

"Unni don't drink too much." Seohyun grabbed the shot from Jessica whose face is almost as red as a tomato.

Tiffany fixed her eyes on a guy going up the stage with his guitar. He has a masquerade mask over his face. His lips look familiar but she ignore the fact. Everyone has around the same shapes of lips right?

"Hi everyone! It's me again. It has been a awhile.. Let me start of with a new song that I've composed. It's called, Dear Mom.

I'm feeling tired today
Left alone in the room hugging a pillow
Touching my phone distracted my mind
It's lonely to eat tonight

Suddenly, i was frightened by the ringing phone
my mom's worried voice asked if i've eaten
these words annoyed me but today it's different
The forgotten promises are remembered

I will be a person with pretty heart
And become a person who is selfless
I'll keep the love of my mother's wishes
I think of mother who used to share my dreams and brush my hair

Though I've made hurtful wrong choices
You silently watched over me from behind
But now I think more than an innocent child
The meaning of mom's silent prayers

I will be a person with pretty heart
And become a person who is selfless
I'll keep the love of my mother's wishes
I think of mother who used to share my dreams and brush my hair

What will i do, yet my heart is small
Can I do better without holding mother's hand

I'm afraid that it will still lack
I'll be a wise daughter of my mom (Give me the courage)
I will be a proud daughter no matter where I go (You've been there for me)
I'll keep the love of my mother's wishes
I'll show endless love
I'll have a warm heart
I'm shy to express to mom

That I really love my mom"

Tiffany sobs during the song, and even cried even more after the song. She missed her healthy mother. But she knew she could not live any much longer. Looking at her condition getting worse each time she visit pains her. Her friends could only console her to see the poor girl cry when she think of her mum.

"This song.. is for my mum. She.. has left me a great sister and a brother. She has gone to a better place before us. Today is her 2nd anniversary. I just wanted to make it meaningful by singing it to her. Thank you mum. I love you." Taeyeon said before he left the stage to take 5, since he could not hold his tears either.

"Wait!" Tiffany caught up with Taeyeon, which she didn't know it is him.

"Er.. yeah?" Taeyeon was shocked to see Tiffany, but she seems to not recognize him with the mask on, so he pretended.

"Your song.. is great."

"Thanks." Taeyeon avoided the eye contact. Afraid of getting exposed or stutter when he looks into her eyes.

"Could you.. teach me? I would want to sing to my mum.."

"What..? Er.."

"Please.. my mum.. is dying."

Taeyeon could see hurt in Tiffany's swollen eyes when he slightly looked up. It breaks his heart to see the girl cry.

"I can't.. but I could pass you a recorder with my song in it for you to learn."

"Thank you. Sorry for bothering."

"No.. not a problem. Get it from the bouncer later. His name is Wooyoung."

~~

"Dude. Beautiful song."

"Thanks. Here. Pass this to a girl called Tiffany. She will come to you."

"A.. recorder? Woo~ Someone got a hot chick eyy? You won't let others copyright or have a copy of your songs. Why this girl?"

"That's because she has a good reason. Just give it to her."

"Why did you wear a mask today anyway? Trying to look cool? As if we do not know who you are!"

"I'm just taking some safety precautions. What if some girls hit on me again? Hahaha! Bye!" Taeyeon walked away and left the bar after that. The truth is, he wants to hide from Siwon who might come to the bar anytime. The mask could absolutely save him.
~~

"Hi, I came to.."

"Your name is Tiffany?"

"Yes.. How did you..?"

"Here." Wooyoung passed Tiffany the recorder with a smile.

Hmm.. she looks below average, more like a geek. I thought it will be some beauty. Taeyeon has such a unqiue judgement - Wooyoung thought.

"Thanks.. Do you happen to know his name? The singer.."

"He is.."

"WOOYOUNG! COME HERE RIGHT NOW" A male shouted from afar which interrupted their conversation.

"I have to go. Sorry."

Tiffany listened to the song over and over again. She wrote out the lyrics vividly and would try to follow what she has listen by singing along.

The voice is very.. familiar.. - Tiffany thought

"Wait! The guy who sang at the Han River!" Tiffany shouted to herself and slammed the table hard when she realized.

The next few days after school, Tiffany would go to T Bar to see if the guy will sing. But no, he did not come. Even so, she did not give up. "Tiffany! You're here again." Wooyoung got to make friend with Tiffany after seeing her around the bar frequently.

"May I know when is the singer going to sing? I've come several days but did not see him."

"DJ Taeng will come only during weekends."

"Weekends? DJ Taeng?"

"His stage name. Oh I gotta go work now. See you later." Wooyoung left Tiffany thinking.

Weekends.. I must have come in the wrong timing.. - Tiffany thought and sigh

--

Shit. - Taeyeon thought when he saw Tiffany sitting in a round table with her usual friends.

"Dude! You're here. There are many girls asking for you. Especially Tiffany!"

"SSHH!!"

"Why?"

"Nothing. I'm not singing tonight."

"AGAIN?!"

"I remembered I've an appointment. SEE YOU!" Taeyeon ran out of the bar before anyone spots him.

Tiffany again, failed to listen to Taeyeon's voice.

"What's so special about the guy's voice? Look, Marilyn's singing the classics are great too!" Jessica swayed her body with the music.

It's different.. My heart tells me his voice is more worth listening too. - Tiffany thought but did not mention it out incase Jessica pester her with more questions.

---------