Chapter 56

The night at Japan,

Taeyeon went to the bar that he has been working as a part-time singer there ever since he settled down in Japan. Once he got everything ready at the backstage, he walk with lightest steps to the seat right on the stage with his guitar.

"Good evening everyone. It's DJ Taeng." He bowed sincerely to the audience that is cheering on him.

"Last night, I've composed a new song again. This time I only took 3 hours to think of the English lyrics and accompaniment. I do not know why I could come up with an English song easily this time round, probably because.. of someone.. that has gave me inspiration that night. Someone that has always been there to scold, laugh, joke and teach me English. I could say.. she really helped my English a lot." Taeyeon slightly show a smile but his heart felt aching again, thinking of a particular person while the translator repeats after him in Japan.

"I hope you guys love this." Taeyeon breathed in and position himself with his guitar ready on his lap, hitting the first chord.

"A still frames photograph of you and me together
Is all I have of me and you anymore
We were so in love and we thought it'll last forever.
But in the storm we were torn

And I won't forget you
I don't regret you
And the hardest thing in fact to do is live without you
And I wonder why we both walked away
I'm lost without you, still crazy for you
Just turn around, come back
because your smile is overdue
And I miss, I miss you

If I'd only knew the words to say
that would make you turn around (turn around)
I would say those words to you more than a million times.

It's been forever but
that hasn't changed
what you mean to me.

Darling can't you see?

That I won't forget you
I don't regret you
And the hardest thing in fact to do is live without you
And I wonder why we both walked away
I'm lost without you, still crazy for you
Just turn around, come back
because your smile is overdue
And I miss, I miss you

I'm sorry for all i did,
what i said and things i hid
I'm finally over me
Is that too late for you?
I can't imagine where I'd be
If you would never rescue me
You gave me hope to live,
And I need you, yes I need you!

I won't forget you
I don't regret you
And the hardest thing in fact to do is live without you
And I wonder why we both walked away
I'm lost without you, still crazy for you
Just turn around, come back
because your smile is overdue
And I miss, I miss you"

Taeyeon end the song with his lips trembling, it is hard for him to sing finish his song with overflowing of his own emotions. He bowed and thank the crowd that stood up and clapped for him before he ran to the toilet and burst out crying. Crying out all the tears that have been keeping in his heart.

-

The Hwang family is finally meeting their long lost brother. Leo Hwang. Since Julien who is the one who contacted Leo, he drove the Hwang family to meet him at his house.

Tiffany's father started tearing the moment he sees his son standing in front of him. "L-Leo.."

"A..ppa." Leo felt awkward but smile right after he said it. It is almost 20 years for not calling his father.

"Oppa, I'm Michelle. I was only 2 when you left.. I didn't recall anything but.. I think I'm having some flashbacks of us playing together now." Michelle cried along with her smile. She ran towards her brother and shared a warm hug that they haven't shared for so long.

After their hug, Leo look further to see a girl standing there stoning. He slowly approached the girl, "You're.."

"Oppa, I'm Stephanie."

Leo reached out his hand slowly and caressed Tiffany's face. "You look just like mum." He replied in English. "And you look just like dad." Tiffany replied in English as well. "I never knew I could see you again, Steph. I always have been guilty for the bad happenings when I'm with you."

"Brother, I'm the one who should feel guilty. You're not a jinx to me. You're my brother. We share the same blood. I'm not gonna let you go again. I don't care if anything happens. As long as we are together, I believe god will give us a chance to be together." Tiffany assured.

"You're really all grown up." Leo chuckled with relief.

The night, Hwang family and Julien had a BBQ at Leo's backyard. Laughters could be heard and everyone was having a fun time. "So.. are you dating, my pretty sister." Leo as he approached Tiffany who is fanning the charcoal at the barbeque pit alone. She smiled back, "Nope. No one wants your sister."

Even though they have just reunited, they seem to not feel a bit of awkwardness. Somehow they feel the bond is there. Sharing everything and anything.

"I can see that you're not yourself the whole night. I thought it's because of a boy." Leo joked.

"You're right." Tiffany replied without looking at him.

Leo immediately turned and frowned. "A boy broke your heart?"

"You can say that."

"How dare he?! What have he done to you?!" Leo got agitated.

"Woah, protective brother is acting up." Tiffany laughed, showing her beautiful eye smile, trying to show his brother that she is fine.

"You're beautiful when you laugh with your eyes shaped like a cresent moon, Steph. You totally look like mum. You should flash this beautiful smile more." Tiffany nodded and Leo patted her head.

"You know, if you do not want to talk about the boy, you should stop being unhappy for him. If he doesn't even care about you feeling so sad because of him, why will you waste your life being depressed for someone who doesn't love you?"

Tiffany smile with a hint of disappointment.

"I know.. but I need some time. He.. is not just someone I can forget."

~~

Julien sent the Hwang family back but stopped Tiffany from walking in. "What?" The girl replied with a stare at his hand that is holding onto her wrist.

"I.. I just want to be your friend, Tiffany." Julien admitted. "I know you want to keep a distant from me because you know that your father is going to put us together. But can I at least have the chance to be your friend even before you hate me?"

Tiffany thought back of everything that Julien has done. He has always been nice to her family. Her family loves and speaks for him as well. To be honest, there is no reason to hate him. She felt guilty for treating him so cold all these while.

"I'm sorry. I'm just.."

"Broken." Julien finished up for her. "I know you're broken because of the guy who has something to do with this bracelet." Julien pointed at Tiffany's wrist. He has noticed Tiffany always stare or meddle with the bracelet as she spaced out.

"But you need to move on with life. If he loves you, he will find you eventually. I do not want to see you be upset for him. Well, not only me, but your family. We are all concern for you. Honestly, I have not thought of wooing you, yet. I just want to be your friend. Purely. For your father side, I will tell him to stop pushing us together." Julien smiled genuinely.

"Okay.. friend." Tiffany said and looked at Julien's eyes. This could be the first time they shared eye contact and not any glares from Tiffany. She flashed her eye smile after feeling awkward. "Let's redo this. My family calls me Stephanie but I have another name, which is Tiffany." She took out her hand.

"I'm Julien. I like the name Tiffany." Julien chuckled as he returned the handshake.