Chapter 4(EDITED)

When I woke up the next day, I stood in front of the mirror and stared at my reflection. The girl that always had a smile on her face no longer smiled. I saw a girl that gave up trying, gave up on life all together. All she wore were sweatshirts and leggings, not caring anymore. Her jeans were pushed to he back of her dresser drawers. Her skirts and dresses were pushed behind her communion dress. She was the girl that I never wanted to be.

Pushing aside the bad thoughts about myself, I headed off to school. The bullying didn't simmer down over night. I knew it was a long shot to hope for the bullying not to become worse after I had humiliated myself, but I still dreamed. It was the same, if not worse than the day before. I tried to brush it off as I walked into health class. After all I just had to get through a few more classes until I could go home, but health was going to be harder to get through than I thought.

"Okay, class, since some of you have expressed an interest in a certain topic, I will be giving a lesson on it today. We are going to learn about cancer," my teacher said, after everyone was seated.

My old friends must have asked to torture me. I noticed some of them were in this class, but I never thought that they would stoop this low. They knew she was sick. They all knew how close we were. They knew how much she meant to me.

I froze, the blood draining from my body. I felt as if my blood coagulated. I couldn't move. I immediately looked out the window, trying to imagine myself anywhere but here. I couldn't cause another scene by going to the nurse. If I caused another scene then everything would get ten times worse. I needed to be strong and stay in class.

"So, today we will be watching a video about how cancer can affect the body."

I focused on taking deep breaths.

"Cancer starts by one cell mutating wrong. All it takes is on bad cell."

In.

"Since cells can mutate many different ways, this makes it very hard to treat."

Out.

"Once one cell mutates then it replicated, expanding exponentially."

In.

"The mutated calls can cause the easiest bodily functions to stop working."

Out.

I couldn't learn about how my grandma passed. I couldn't learn the science behind her passing. She was gone. That's it.

My vision started to get blurry with tears and my breaths were coming in very shallow. I was having a panic attack. I knew I needed to get out of this classroom. I stood up to leave and immediately regretted it. Everything was out of focus. There were two teachers staring at me.

"Abigail, are you okay?" both teachers asked me.

I tried to focus on something, but nothing was staying still. I tried shaking my head no, but I regretted it instantly. I felt my brain hit one side of my skull and then the other. I tried so hard to make everything stop moving, but nothing helped. I looked around desperately for something without eyes to focus on. I looked to my left and found something focused on me; a pair of blue eyes. I could see the fear in their eyes. Everyone s eyes were trained on me. My body couldn't take it anymore. The floor became my focus as my teachers ran towards me.

I woke with a headache. I opened my eyes and everyone was still looking at me. I realized I had fainted. Suddenly, I became over conscience where I was. The one thing I didn't want to do, I did. I caused a scene. I knew this incident wouldn't go unnoticed. I tried to push that out of my head or at least to the back of my head. First, I needed to focus on seeing straight and getting up. As I fumbled to stand up, someone held out their hand. Still dazed from fainting, I took it without looking. I just wanted to get out of the classroom and away from everyone's judging gazes. Once I was up, I looked at the person who helped me; it was Blue Eyes.