Chapter 23

After a week and a half of healing, I was finally ready to go back to school. I was scared to go back to school, but Derrick said that no one had been talking about my secret. They were only asking him if I was okay. Derrick told me that the entire school was worried about me, which warmed my heart. Derrick also told me that all my ex-friends, minus Lena, were suspended and put on in school suspension until further notice. After of so many months of my ex-friends making school hell for me it was finally becoming a place where I didn't mind going. After this dark patch in my life, my life was finally going to be good. I had an amazing boyfriend and I was not longer going to be bullied.

So the time had finally come for me to walk into school. My shoulder and leg still hurt, but I was able to move around. I limped into school to find everyone looking at me. They were all smiling and saying help to me. Someone even picked up my books when they fell out of my arms. My fellow students were showing that they cared, which warmed my heart.

When I finally reached my locker, I was surprised to see Lena standing at my locker. When she saw me she ran over to me crying.

"I'm so sorry I didn't visit you in the hospital, but I didn't know if you wanted me there. Plus I feel like all this is my fault. If I had just stayed your friend then maybe none of this would have happened. Maybe I could have stopped them if I was brave enough to stand up to them," Lena said in one breath.

I laughed. "Lena, calm down. Breath. This wasn't your fault. You have nothing to feel sorry for."

She smiled at me. "I love you, B. I don't know what I would have done if you were killed." She started crying harder.

"L, stop it. I'm alive. I'm here. Your best friend is still alive." I knew my last sentence would make her smile. A huge grin started to form on her face. "Now, come on, I have to properly introduce you to my boyfriend." I started closing the gap between Derrick and I. I had my best friend back. This year might actually turn out to be a great year.