Chapter 11

I was determined for today to be a better day. I was not going to allow my friends to get to me. I would not allow them to affect me anymore. I would just need to hope that they didn't try to hurt me physically. I hoped I knew my friends enough to know that they wouldn't hurt me physically, but then again I would have said that they wouldn't bully me either.

I walked into school, rushing to my locker. Just because I wasn't going to allow them to affect me doesn't mean that I should go around and put myself in their path. I was strong, but I wasn't that strong. I couldn't fight off five of them all by myself. As soon as I turned the corner, I saw Derrick standing at my locker. I let out the breath that I was holding in and walked over to him.

"Good morning," he said smiling, pulling me towards him. He pulled me in close, allowing me to smell his cologne that I love. I felt safe and secure in his arms. My ex-friends didn't exist when I was in Derrick's arms.

I pulled away slightly only kiss him. Our lips touched slightly before I pulled away, teasing him. "Good morning." I focused my attention on my locker allowing Derrick to think about the kiss. It worked.

"You can't just kiss me and expect me to just stand here." I felt him lean closer, his body becoming flush with mine. "I'll get you back except this time there won't be nothing holding me back. No one watching, no time restrictions. I'll kiss you for real."

My cheeks burned with embarrassment, the mental image taking over my mind. I couldn't wait for that kiss. I was going to enjoy it as much as he would.

"So, where do you want to eat lunch today?" I was still angry that my ex-friends took the one and only thing that was mine, but I wasn't going to let it show.

"Well I was thinking that we could leave during lunch. I have my car here and no one is at my house, so we would be alone. Your 'friends' won't be able to disturb us." He said the word "friends" with as much disgust as he could. I didn't want him to start hating them because they might go after him and I couldn't handle it if they did that. I needed to stop him from hating them. I needed to protect him from my problems.

"Don't do anything to them. They have problems with me, not you." I turned around and leaned against my locker, wanting to see Derrick's expression.

"If they have problems with you, then they have problems with me. You're with me and I will protect you from them." Sadness and dominance was laced in his voice. I would tell that he wasn't giving up so easily. He needed to be persuaded a little.

I pulled on Derrick's shirt, causing his body to be within inches of mine. "If you do anything I will be very angry. They are mad at me, not you." Knowing what he was going to say next I added, "I know it's not fair that they are doing what they are doing, but their problem is with me only and I would like to keep it that way." Having his body this to mine was driving me mad. I wanted to take him up on his kissing offer, but I knew we would get in trouble if we were caught. Plus it would only add to the rumors of me being a slut and a whore, so I decided against it, but I couldn't restrain myself completely. I reached up and ran my hands through his hair. I heard him take a short breath, showing that he was affected by me being this close to him. I pulled his head down to mine, making him think we were going to kiss, but at the last second I moved my head to the right and whispered in his ear, "If we weren't in this hallway I would take you up on that real kiss, but for right now you are going to have to wait and think about me kissing you." I turned back to my locker, gathering my books.

It took Derrick a couple of seconds to compose himself. I would never have been so bold with anyone else, but Derrick did something to me. He made me be myself, my true self, and oddly enough he still liked me. I heard Derrick chuckle behind me. "You will be the death of me, Abigail. Let's go to class before I do anything stupid."