Chapter 13

The dark brown fur layered the werewolf's body. It had no tail, and human arms, bulky and elongated. On all fours it stood five feet off the ground, and standing, almost double. The beast pounced towards Grant.

Grant slashed at the monster with his long sword, as he tried to side step. He was unsuccessful, his blade had indeed hit the beast, but he couldn't escape it's wretched claws.

Sir Smith did everything in his power to keep its drooling jaws away from his neck and face. The teeth inched ever closer with Grant's dying strength.

Grant struggled pushing the heavy body back with all his strength, but to no avail.

"Your flesh will satisfy me!" A growling voice roared from the beast.

The young knight was suprised when the silver candle stick slammed against the back of the wolf's head. Dail Dunh standing there, blood dripping from the silver candle stick.

A growl was given back as the sharp razor like teeth rapped around the man's throat. Grant was stuned, and hesitated to act. Regardless the knight slashed his sword across the beast back.

"Die, monster!"

The sharp claws of the werewolf slashed back, cutting into Grants torso. Grant felt his blood begin to trinkle, but it was barely a flesh wound. Grant slammed his fist into the snout, smacking the wolf in the nose.

The dog whimpered as it flinched back, rubbing it's nose. A howel was heard from the beast as Grant stabbed it's abdomen.

The monster's blood poored into a small pool bellow. The blade was wet with the enemies blood but the sir had not yet won.

The werewolf bit into Grant's shoulder, the teeth punching wholes in his armor. The man grunted before thrusting his sword through the under of the monster's jaw. He quickly retracted his blade from the lifeless body. As the dead weight fell on Grant, he pushed it forward, letting the furry body hit the hard floor in a pool of blood.

The young knight looked at the gruesome scene, huffing and puffing as his vision started to faid.

Grant fell to his knees, until he met the dead monk's eyes beside his face, on the floor.

Sir Smith opened his eyes to see the blonde woman tending to his wounds. His bandages had been replaced, and his shirt removed, along with any armor. He could feel the sting of the claw marks on his torso.

"Thank God the All Mighty, the Son of Marry! He lives!"

Grant groaned as he softly pushed away the woman's hands. He sat up to speak.

"Dail?"

The woman's eyes watered, the pain of death in her heart. She swallowed hard, giving Grant a strong face and the knight was taken back.

"Madam, may I ask your name?"

"My name is Ruth Dunh. And you, sir knight saved my life." The blonde woman replied, "Thank you."

"My apologies, for your loss. My name is Smith, Sir Smith."

"You have lost a lot of blood, and have been out for over twenty four hours. Your wounds, they are healing very quickly, I've been praying that they would.

"Twenty four hours!" Grant swallowed hard, He had been wasting too much time. He needed to find Elizabeth.

Grant leaped out of bed flinching at the pain, as he leaned over picking up his sword and sheath.

"Sit back down! You are seriously injured!" Ruth said.

"No! I've been wasting my time."

Grant walked out of the small room to be greated by a familiar voice. He knew he shouldn't have let this man live.

"You killed my brother, Garret Wood. Now i'm going to kill you, Grant Smith."

The knight stood there as Grant held his abdomen, and leaned on his blade.

"Then i'll take you to Hell with him!" Grant replied sternly.