Trust Issues

Dark forms kneel beside me but their voices are abstractly strung together. Curse words mixed with my name reverberate inside my skull but none make sense. I can't understand what they're saying; they're moving too fast. All I can do is bite my cheek trying not to scream in agony as my shoulder throbs. Slowly the voices turn to words and the words to sentences. My vision clears and I see Raymond and Kendra kneeling beside me.

"KAROLINE!" Ray shouts in my face.

I wince and try to shove him away but end up clutching my stinging shoulder.

"I can hear you, dumb arse," I growl trying to ignore the searing pain in my arm.

"Really?" he asks in surprise, "Because I've been shouting your name for the last fifteen minutes and this is the first time you've answered."

Fifteen minutes? I thought it had only been around five.

I try to sit up quickly but my shoulder stings fiercely and I gasp in pain.

"That's it, we're getting you out of here, now," Kendra decides vehemently.

She grabs my other arm and slings it over her uninjured side pulling me to my feet.

"Don't even bother arguing," She states firmly at the look on my face.

I mumble under my breath until another pang goes through my arm and I have to fight to stay upright. Ray glances around the room before following us out.

"Wait," I wheeze pulling Kendra around with me to look at Ray, "What happened to everyone else?"

Ray sighs heavily as he walks alongside us.

"I think Snart managed to stop Mick with Sara but we haven't heard anything from the Acheron."

I wince as Kendra accidently bumps into my arm.

"They're both okay though?" I question.

Ray sends me a wry smile.

"Sara has a couple new bruises and a nice shiner on her left eye but aside from that she's fine," he sighs before continuing, "Snart on the other hand, well I don't know him too well but I think having a partner turning on you like that has got to be pretty rough."

You have no idea, I think ruefully.

"So where are they now?" I groan as we enter the medbay.

"Mr. Snart and Miss Lance are both locking Mr. Rory in the cargo hold," Gideon's voice calls over the coms.

I start in surprise and Kendra's arm brushes my shoulder. Searing pain shoots through my arm and I grit my teeth in agony.

"Over here," Kendra sighs pulling me over towards the chair.

She pushes me down onto it and I hiss in pain as my shoulder touches the icy metal.

"Sorry," she says apologetically turning towards a screen nearby, "Gideon do you have any healing ointments?"

"Healing ointments?" I ask sarcastically, "What is this, 700 BC?"

Ray makes a small noise from where he's standing in a corner. It sounds awfully close to a snicker and Kendra turns to glare at him.

"Sorry," he mumbles looking away.

With a irritated huff Kendra turns to glare at the monitor waiting for Gideon's reply.

"On the cabinet to your left there is an assortment of medical salves for  bites, sores and skin irritations."