A Vivacious Venture

"So you're saying that Savage has an underground basement where he's keeping your girlfriend and Jax?" Ray asks staring at my father.

"If it is a basement I would assume it is underground, Mr. Palmer," Stein states sarcastically.

"Who cares what it is!" Snart snaps, "All we care about is whether or not we can get in and out alive."

Rip nods in agreement turning to look at my father.

"Can you supply us with the codes and scanners to get into the area?"

My dad shakes his head.

"Only a few of Savage's men have access to that wing. I myself have only been there twice before to visit Kimmy. But even then I was heavily guarded-"

My father stops an odd look in his eyes.

"Mr. Jones?" Rip questions.

My father looks at him as if he's never seen him before. Then he turns to face me.

"The man in the cell," he says slowly a small smile growing on his face, "The man in the cell next to mine is one of the main guards-"

"For Kimmy," I finish my eyes flicking to Rip.

He shakes his head at me and I cross my arms defiantly.

"Why not?"

"Because, Miss Jones, as I told you earlier, that man is not to be trusted and furthermore this mission is too fraught with disaster!"

I glower at him and he returns the glare.

"Eh hem."

Stein's voice shakes us from out staring match and we turn to him.

"Shall we put it to a vote?" Stein questions adjusting his glasses on his nose.

A crease appears between Rip's eyes.

"There is nothing to vote upon, Mr. Stein we are not..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I cannot believe we're going on this suicide mission," Rip grumbles peering over his shoulder towards the shadows of the ship.

"Believe it Rip," Snart states in a low voice, "Hopefully everyone wrote out their wills. Cause we're about to die in 1979 because someone thought this was a good idea."

He sends me a pointed glare.

"You got a problem with it, Leonard?" I snap, "You can go back to the ship."

"Trust me, Jones, I want nothing more than to get back to the ship and away from your "trust worthy" friends," he replies sarcastically sending a heavily handcuffed Joe and my father ugly looks.

I look away suppressing my emotions. Anger swirls within my veins mixed with frustration and a pinch of pain. The fact that he doesn't trust me cuts me deep.

All of us walk silently onwards towards the tower. Twilight has fallen across the city and it is eerily silent. Apart from the occasional swearword after someone trips over the sidewalk (totally not me by the way) the quiet lasts a long while. For a huge city it's shockingly silent. No taxi beeping or tires squealing.

Almost as if the city itself is holding its breath in anticipation.

"Here," my father says breaking the frigid silence.

He pauses in front of a glass building. Black marble is carved to fit around each window in an intricate pattern. Swirls of blackness mixed with slivers of white. The ebony columns seem to rise from the ground like imperious sentries daring us to enter.