Apologies

"You need to talk to him."

I glance up from my comfortable nest of blankets and pillows at Sara. She's lying on her back in the opposite bunk, staring at me. Her hands are folded casually on her stomach and her head is on the flattest most uncomfortable pillow I've ever seen.

"No," I grumble, pulling the warm covers back up to my chin.

Sara sighs and rolls onto her side whilst leaning upright on her elbow to look at me.

"Kari, you can't ignore him forever," Sara continues as she stretches a finger out to poke a sleeping Kendra in the nose.

Kendra is lying between us on the floor surrounded by discarded  boxes of candy and other litter. Her hair it seems has gotten tangled in everything and she even has a strand stuck in the corner of her mouth, cemented in place by a line of drool.

"Yes, I can ignore him and I will," I gripe back pulling my covers up past my nose.

Sara pokes Kendra and we both watch in amusement as she wrinkles her nose and unconsciously bats at Sara's finger like a cat. Finally Sara relents and pulls back her finger.

Kendra's face relaxes once more as she shifts in her mound of sweet wrappers.

Sensing an argument about to surface, I try to change the subject off of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

"If you say another word about Snart, I'm going to put in my earbuds and blare eighties music until you shut up," I warn grouchily.

Sara sends me a dark look.

"I wasn't going to say anything about, Snart," she says in an offended tone.

"Uh huh," I reply skeptically.

She glances at me and smirks.

"I wasn't. I was going to say that you looked cute when you're pretending to be mad."

My eyes narrow over the covers before disappearing beneath them.

"Iergmaff."

"Hmm?" she chuckles, turning over to face the wall as the bedsprings beneath her creak.

Sticking my head out of my comforter quickly, I mumble,

"I hate you."

Before ducking back down into my covers.

"I hate you too, Jones," Sara says calmly, "It's why we're friends."

Rolling my eyes, I let my tired eyelids droop and, while trying to ignore Kendra's deep rumbling snores, fall into a deep, dreamless sleep.

I'm literally pulled from the heavenly bliss of unconsciousness. To be specific it was done by a blonde, soon to be brutally murdered, ex assassin.

"Geroff-HEY!"

My blankets lay strewn across the floor whilst my pillow sits crouched against my headboard. Coldness begins seeping through me from my freezing bare feet and I am all of the sudden acutely aware of my face being pressed against the scratchy carpet of the room.

"Jones, it's ten am get your lazy arse out of bed," Sara states heartlessly.

"I, am, literally, GOING TO KILL YOU!" I screech pushing myself off the floor and bolting towards the blonde.

She laughs and easily blocks my half asleep punches to her face.

"Wake up, Sunshine," she laughs rapping me on the side of the head with her knuckles.

I push her away and stumble towards the door.

"The bathroom is behind you."

Turning on my heel, I stagger towards the next door, trying to clear my eyes of sleep.