Nutella

The ship is silent. Dark, dusty and eerily quiet. It has been for the last couple days. I think it's been at least two days since I started hiding down here. Thankfully no one's found me yet.

As soon as we got back here, I left the group. I found the galley and jars of Nutella. I didn't even bother looking for a spoon. Just sat down on the floor staring at the wall and began eating it with my fingers.

Chocolate.

The universal solution for not solving ones problems.

I dig my fingers into the rich creamy mixture and pull out a glob of hazelnut and chocolate deliciousness.

I watch, spellbound, as the chocolate spirals off my fingers  before stuffing it in my mouth.

"You're going to get fat."

I jump slightly but don't look around, just plunge my fingers yet again into the little jar.

"Already am, Snart."

"No you're not, Princess," The man sighs before sitting down beside me holding a spoon.

I glance at it and scoot away.

"Uh uh, my Nutella, Lenny."

Snart rolls his eyes and sets the spoon down.

"Hog."

I snort in reply.

"Point proven," Snart smirks.

I glower at him and glance back down at my jar. The chocolate gleams temptingly up at me but I resist it and put it down beside me.

"Princess, you can't sulk forever."

I glare at him. Snart glares right back.

"Quit acting like a weakling that your old man thought you were," he says firmly, "Because that's not who you are."

I open my mouth but he holds up a hand to stop me.

"No. I don't care if that's who you think you are because it's wrong. I've seen who you are, Karoline. You're smart and you're brave and most of all you're strong. Not just physically but mentally as well. You have your morals and you stick to them. So quit acting like this,"
He gestures around us at the four other empty Nutella jars.

"It's not you."

I stare up at him swallowing hard.

"I-I wanted to kill him," I whisper, "I wanted to watch him die, watch the air leave his lungs and his eyes dim."

I stare stoutly at a Nutella fingerprint left on the white tile three inches from my foot.

"I nearly did it too," I say my voice barely able to be heard.

Snart moves closer and places his hand on my shoulder with one hand, the other on my chin forcing me to look at him.

"But you didn't."

His thumb grazes my cheek brushing away a tear that unwantedly slipped out.

I stare up at the man in front of me. His eyes are full of concern and determination.

"You're going to get through this. We," he corrects himself, "We are going to get through this."

I smile at him.

"Thank you," I whisper leaning in for a kiss.

His lips meet mine and I close my eyes. I place my hands around his neck gently tracing patterns on the back of his parka. The hand that was on my chin moves to my neck gently pulling me closer. His other hand slides down my arm causing goose bumps to appear.

Suddenly a crash emanates through the ship and we pull apart staring out the door.

"Chronos is boarding the ship!" Gideon announces in a fractured voice, "I-I am b-being dis-dis-dis- disab-"

The AI goes silent.

"Well there goes that moment," I sigh.

AN-
HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE HEARD OF THE HYDRA CAP INCIDENT???? I'M SO FREAKING MAD AT MARVEL FOR THIS!!!! CAP IS A HERO!!! NOT A VILLAIN!!! THIS BETTER NOT GO IN THE MOVIES!!! I MEAN HONESTLY!!!! THIS IS LIKE SAYING HARRY POTTER WAS SECRETLY A DEATH EATER ALL ALONG!!!!

Sorry...along awaited rant was needed.

-LM