chapter five

Fear flooded through my veins as I stared at the person sitting in the driver's seat. I could see the exact moment when the realization filled my father's eyes. He immediately got out of his car, red faced, stomping his way over to where me and Lachlan were standing. He stopped a foot away from us, looking back and forth before looking me in the eyes.
"Vikram what the hell do you think you're doing?"
I glanced at Lachlan as I started to shake. I looked back towards my Dad and replied, "I-I'm being myself with a person I-I lo-ove."

My Dad got redder, if that was even possible. "My son is not gay, and my son definitely doesn't wear girls clothes."

I felt tears start to well up in my eyes. But right as I was about to reply, Lachlan cut me off.

"I'm sorry but you have absolutely no right to decide how your son dresses, or who he chooses to love. I don't care if you're his goddamn father, you can't talk to him like that. A parent is supposed to do what makes their kid happy, not the kid has to do what makes the parent happy. You're the one who wanted him, you chose to have him, you can deal with the fact that your son loves boys and that he likes to wear girls clothes. You're supposed to love him no matter his gender or his sexuality. And if you can't do that, then you're a horrible father."
My father look dumbfounded after that. He glanced at me and then back at Lachlan. Lachlan gave him a death glare and pulled me tighter against him, protecting me from anything my father might do.

My dad looked down at me one more time, his eyes cold, and said, "Well then I guess I don't have a son," before walking back to his car and driving off.
As soon as his car disappeared I broke into tears. My knees gave out and I started to fall but Lachlan tightened his grip on me, preventing me from falling. "H-How could h-he ju-ust do tha-at to m-me?"

Lachlan started rocking me back and forth, whispering into my ear. "Because he's a homophobic, transphobic asshole who can't accept that his son is not the son he thought he raised. But I'm glad you're not the son he thought he raised, because you're so beautiful and I couldn't stand to think I could be with anyone else."
I looked up into Lachlan's icy blue eyes. He smiled down at me, his eyes soft. I leaned up and lightly kissed his lips, my tears giving his lips a salty taste. I pulled away, standing up on my own, and wrapped my arms around Lachlan's neck. "I love you Lachlan."
Lachlan smiled at me, pulling me towards his bike. "I love you too Vikky. Now how about we go back to my place and we can cuddle and watch netflix, sound good?"
I smiled, climbing onto the back of the bike and wrapping my arms tightly around Lachlan's waist, resting my forehead against his back. "That sounds amazing."

~~~~~

oh my god, i updated?!?! i kinda just didnt feel like writing and i was changing and organizing how i wanted the plot to be so it took a while to get an update out, so im sorry, but im gonna try to at least update weekly if i can

but anyways see ya for now!