chapter eleven

I awoke with a start, my heart pumping and my body drenched in sweat. I sat up and looked around to see a very worried Simon sat next to me and Josh standing right beside him, a knowing look on his face. I just started shaking as I pulled my knees up to my chest, sobs beginning to wrack my body.

Simon placed his hand gently on my shoulder, rubbing small circles. "Vik? What happened? You were crying in your sleep."

I just shook my head, glancing at Josh hoping he would explain for me. I saw him nod to me as he sat next to Simon on the spare bed.

"Vik has a disorder called parasomnia, meaning he has very frequent, terrifying nightmares. He used to take medicine for it back when we were together. But I think he stopped at some point."

Simon just sat even closer to me, wrapping his long arms around me, holding me tight against his body as I cried. After about an hour I was drifting back off into sleep, my head falling back onto Simon's shoulder.

|||

I woke up again, this time to the muffled sound of music and laughing coming from downstairs. I sat up, rubbing my eyes I sat there for a moment, trying to figure out where I was.

Once I remembered I was at Simon's house in his spare bedroom, I swung my legs over the side of the bed, swinging my legs a bit before remembering my nightmare and stopping, shaking my head as I slipped off the bed, I walked over to the door and sneaking downstairs.

I wandered into the living room to find a laughing Josh and Simon as they danced together in the middle of the room, their bodies pressed tightly together as they spun. Simon was still in his pj's but Josh was dressed in his normal black skinny jeans, paired with a black and white shirt with the name sidemen on it. I'd have to ask them about that later, I always see them with sidemen stuff.

I smiled at the duo, leaning against the doorway as I watched them dance along to the beat. As Josh spun Simon out sideways, he noticed me standing here. He just grinned and beckoned me over to them. "Vik come dance with us!"

I just laughed and walked over to them, joining in on their morning dancing. Simon grabbed my left hand and Josh grabbed my right. We danced along to the quick beat of the song, laughing and smiling the whole way.

I smiled as I looked at Josh and Simon. These two gigantic nerds were my friends now. I could get used to this.